xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Giniu

New Breath Of Old - Fallout...

Hi... :)

Most of us remember this great game - Fallout, Fallout 2... kind old now, hard to run on new operating systems, native ports other than Win? Forget! But... that was yesterday :(

some time agot hungarian programmer Sztupy decided to create his own engine for running Fallot 1/2 ;) and it will reach 0.5 beta preaty soon giving Linux users to run it as native app! There are also many improvements... of course this is only engine and you still need to have orginal CD, but... now you can comfortly use it:)... just look at screenshots from their site... [ianOut] what do you think? I personaly realy enjoy it, we can call this Fallout Resurection ;)

fallout 1 was a cool game but i found it too easy i wish it also had some sort of multiplayer aspect as it would be fun to shoot stuff up with a mate in the post-nucear setting ...i played fallout tactics it was also rather boring ... i fear i had too much hope for the game

I agree with you...Fallout 1 was easy, but I enjoyed it (on what difficulty level was you playing? If it was high, this wasn't as easy...), and Tactics also wasn't in my type, but was you trying Fallout 2?? It is much larger than 1, and also it is still RPG, not some kind of tactics crap... So... If you are dissapointed with F1, try F2, it can be something for you... :P

That's funny. I never really had trouble playing both of those on my computer, and I run a Windows 2000 system. Fallout 1 gave me some trouble where it wouldn''t let me install it, but I just did it manually and it was fine. I would have to say I enjoyed Fallout 2 more because there was more depth and weapons. I'm really hoping for a number three, though