xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trekkie101

Whatpulse - Get Pulsing! Join the astahost team

WhatPulse?!?!?!

For a little more community fun please join our WhatPulse team http://whatpulse.org/stats/teams/6382/

WhatPulse is a program that counts how many keys and how many clicks you use, it does NOT log what you type. It is a little competition and we can be at the top! I mean come on look at our member count "2,056" with that we could go far, we could definately get in the top 25 but we need your help. We NEED you to join our team.

To get whatpulse join at there site whatpulse.org and download there client. Its FREE!

Then log into there site and join our team!

You can get a forum image like mine also, its on the menu of WhatPulse

A prize we have! If you can beat Jipman (Chinees) you can have 5 hosting points for free!

So get joining and pulsing soon! PLEASE!!!!!

Lots of love - The Trekkie! :)

I can garantee you, the WP client doesn't take much system resources. I am running an ancient dinosaur of a computer and it still works fine and my system is not a grain slower than it already was ;)It's quite fun, and if you're like me, you have no idea of how much you actually type a day, WP gives you an idea and uhm I was :) about mine ;) I joined the team, not for the hosting credits though LOL I have over 120 days, so I am happy :( And I can't stay away long enough to lose credits LOL (yes, Xisto is addictive ;))

Sounds good, and this answered my question, I wasn't going to gte what pulse because I didn't want it to track my key clicks via internet, but if it is a local client on my machine, sounds good. But I hope you are doing something to recompense jipman for not being able to beat himself. Also, we need to have the banner hosted online somewhere to place it in our signature, right?

HEY, i already made an whatpulse topic ;).btw.You guys are surely not going to beat me ;):).I watch an hour of cartoons everyday and during that hour, i keep mashing my keyboard... Beat that ;)btw 2I was the one who came up with the IDEA :(;) ;):D:D:D:D:D:D

Trekkie, all I care about is beating jipman. You can come in first, I'll take second. Jipman can have 3rd or 4th. Sound good to everyone? Oh, and trekkie, that was an incredibly short post, more commonly known as spam. THose kinds of comments belong in the shoutbox or IRC, not the forums.

well well.... you got yourself a challenge mate.I'll be mashing my keyboard 24/7 now. I shall be the #1 for in eternity :)Good luck catching up with me :( I'm nearly at the 2 million ;) just about 300k keys... should be done in half an hour ;)

Aslong as you dont cheat im fair game, that include everyone, also vizky, im set up for the next 54 days, plus I didnt really care about points that much so short posts dont get counted sop im fine.

I always cheat, I'm going to tape the keys on my keyboard down. Just kidding, I type enough as is not to do that. And five credits isn't really worth it. On a side, note, I wonder if whatpulse would count a lot for that. Or if it only measures keydowns or keyups. May I have your permission to test it? Is there a way to delete the key presses recorded before they are pulsed? (If you give me permission to try it, and it does count not just keydowns or keyups, I promise to keep my test under 50, less if possible). (And this post wasn't spammy, so hah!)

EDIT (as requested by vizskywalker 3/30/05): I found a version for MAC, I think it is beta though. http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2312 scroll all the way to the bottom for the latest release.

Funny program :(. I was surprised by myself :)

My first day's stats:

Day: Wednesday (March 30th)

Keys: 5,921

Clicks: 5,877

--------------------

That's a lot of clicking and pushing...

Sadas, member of Xisto whatpulse team ;)