xisto Community
jackpinerepublic

Video Editing Software Is there one that will edit frames

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Video Editing Software program that allowed you to edit individual frames. For example, if there was someones face in a video, could you add a black square to censor the person's face.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have Adobe Premiere Pro which allows frame-by-frame editing like that, but it's kind of expensive. You could possible look into getting Sony's Sonic Foundry Vegas Editing System. It's significantly cheaper and does the same thing with just a little automating. Also you can import video into Flash MX and add a box. Do you have the updated version of Windows Movie Maker? I don't use it, but i know there was an update with quite a few more effects and features.

Hope this helped, cheers.

I updated my Windows Movie Maker and there wasn't really anything new that was helpful, then I google searched through Shareware and downloaded Edit Movie Magic 4.0 which is worthless. So I might go and buy Sony's Sonic Foundry Vegas Editing System, I don't really want to spend very much though.

I use Ulead VideoPaint, but limits the legth of video that can me loaded.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Video Editing Software program that allowed you to edit individual frames. For example, if there was someones face in a video, could you add a black square to censor the person's face.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that you can actually do this in iMovie. It's a program that Apple offers, and it is actually a very good program to use to edit movies that you make. I know that a lot of professionals use it when they enter film festivals and contests. Maybe you should try it.

Hi...I'm always using free Cinelerra - it's just great... can do everything and very fast... this is profesional large video editing all-in-one box... I must say that it is only for Linux, but maybe you would be able to run it under Cygwin... just google around for them and you would probably find how ot do that...

one other think you can do is, hat you download the demo version, ofdiscreet Combustion 4, and then you paint the area you want to cover, and then you activate the tracker and the program does everythink for you.The tracker tracks points in the film material and then adjust the image you want to follow. :)Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey there ... sonic foundry (now owned by sony i believe?) has an excellent program, Vegas ... check that out it allows you to edit specific frames. you can find it at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

only problem is the price, it's about $600 ... but worth every penny ... you can download the trial version though, so you wouldn't have to actually buy it to test to see if it does exactly what you want ... trial would probalby just not allow you to save, etc

-- bigredrosen

Pinnacle Systems has a great line of linear video editing software, if you're looking for something maybe cheaper than Adobe Premier or other non-linear software. Studio v.9 Plus is only $99 and has a lot of imaging effects. They also have a plugin for v.9 for $150 called Premium Pack, which includes a function called framer where you can put a box over the video, possibly something similar to what you were looking for. You can check out the Premium Pack filters here http://www.pinnaclesys.com/studio9premiumdvd/index.html.

I have adobe premiere as well you should try to get a demo or something because its awesome for it. you can export as a "flm" a filmstrip file and thats exactly what you want.

I have adobe premiere as well you should try to get a demo or something because its awesome for it. you can export as a "flm" a filmstrip file and thats exactly what you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have and have been using Vegas 2 and now have upgraded to Vegas 6. I find that it is the easiest editing program for PC. I have used a few of the others mentioned and, for me, Vegas is layed out very logically. I have done a lot of Audio editing using Nuendo, Cubase, Logic and a few others, and I like the multi track - non linear editing style. Vegas lets you edit to the frame also. Vegas is put out by sony multi media. Try a demo version.