xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vagodeoz

Any Musicians Around?

Well, I though there might be musicians here. I'll post my "music curriculum". Post yours :)2 Years: Started playing violin.3 Years: Did my first concert with a small strings orchestra.8 Years: I started playing acoustic guitar.9 Years: I started playing piano.12 Years: Dropped violin.14 Years: Got an electric guitar (A crappy Squire I still have).15 Years: Started playing in a band.16 Years: The band drummer left so I started playing drums.17 Years: Band gone. Started another band called Galvorn (the one I'm right now in. We play Symphonic Metal)Right now I'm 18 years old, I play the drums on my band, we are finishing recording our cd (I recorded and composed 80% of it), and we will make a release concert wich we will record and release on DVD, wich will be veeeery homemade, but... I'm going to study to argentina in a few months and the band will be gone, so I wanted to record a show :(Well... I'll be waiting for your answers ;)

That sounds like a lot of fun man. I'm not really in a band, but a few friends come over and we record music for fun. I have a decent home recording studio set up and have played piano for 5 years and bass for 3. The music I make is kind of indie electronic. I would love to be in a band, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Good luck with your musical pursuitscheers

yea that sounds sick, when you get your cd done you gotta post it so we can hear it. as for playing an instrument i picked up the bass about 8 months ago, got a Ibanez GSR200

I've been playing trumpet for 7 years and the piano for 3 or four. I'm starting my own band in which in I play the synthesizer. The problme is we are short either a bass player or a drummer (the reason I say either is because our drummer can play bass as well, so if I find a new drummer he will play bass and if I find another bassist he will remain on drums).

Well, I though there might be musicians here. I'll post my "music curriculum". Post yours :P

2 Years: Started playing violin.

3 Years: Did my first concert with a small strings orchestra.

8 Years: I started playing acoustic guitar.

9 Years: I started playing piano.

12 Years: Dropped violin.

14 Years: Got an electric guitar (A crappy Squire I still have).

15 Years: Started playing in a band.

16 Years: The band drummer left so I started playing drums.

17 Years: Band gone. Started another band called Galvorn (the one I'm right now in. We play Symphonic Metal)

Right now I'm 18 years old, I play the drums on my band, we are finishing recording our cd (I recorded and composed 80% of it), and we will make a release concert wich we will record and release on DVD, wich will be veeeery homemade, but... I'm going to study to argentina in a few months and the band will be gone, so I wanted to record a show :P

Well... I'll be waiting for your answers :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure if I'm right but is it that you started violin at 2 and did a concert a 3? If so this is amazing. My niece is 4 and she could no more play the violin than slam dunk lol.

Anyways I started out fine tuning my singing at in the Australian Boys Choir at about 7yo, I quit that at 10 cause I was kinda over the music and stuff. I then tried the keyboard and alto sax but again didn't really like the music we were doing so they didn't last long. Eventually I started playing guitar around 15 months ago. I love it and the music I'm learning is great.

Ha yea, well my dad's old classical guitar had always sat around since when I was growing up. When I was about 8 I would always jus pluck at the strings, not really grasping the concept of how to play it. Then when I was about 11 I started to learn how to play the star spangled banner by playing every note on the guitar until I found the right one and so on. Then after that, when I actualyl started liking music, my interest in the guitar grew, and I started to play it everyday. Eventually I started noticing patterns and such, (Since I selftaught myself I never actually knew what to call them or what they were) and thats really how it started. Now im 18 and still play my guitar everyday, and have since played in my fair share of high school bands. Never serious, but always fun.