xisto Community
bridenhosen

What Is The Best RPG You Have Ever Played RPG=role playing game

Im a fan of diablo II and its expansion. I also like Dungeon Seige II, played the demo and it was pretty fun. Never played any MMORPGs because they cost per month. Maybe Guild Wars will change my mind though because it doesn't cost per month.

My all time favorite rpg is, yes, Final Fantasy 8....ahh how I love Rhinoa :) Yeah I'm also looking forward to Guild Wars. I played Diablo II and liked it, and I'm playing World of Warcraft right now which I'm getting tired of paying for. What I really wish would happen is for the XBOX to get a good MMORPG, because all there is is Phantasy Star Online...what a joke

i have played many RPG's in my time and hands down i would have to say Dark Age of Camelot was the best one i ever played, now im curious to see what everyone else thinks the best RPG ever made was

Isn't Dark Age of Camelot an MMORPG??? I like diablo 2, neverwinter nights, baldur's gate, fallout, fallout 2, fallout tatics, Lionheart:legacy of the crusader, Vampire the masquerade: bloodlines, morrowind, final fantasy series, star ocean 2, star ocean: till the end of time, xenosaga, xenosaga 2, xenogears, dungeon siege 2, forgotten realm games... Much much more to say, currently waiting for guild wars... Coming out in less than a month!

Final Fantasy III, (VI), is hands down the best RPG ever made! LOL! FF VII, FF II,(IV), FF I, and Zelda: A Link To the Past are also very good. I also thought that Link's Awakening on GB was very good. (I'm very retro, haha)

I have played so many. Goodness..

As far as interactivity and sheer depth goes, I would probably have to say Morrowind. You could rush through the main plot line in a day, or spend months and months finding every little nook and cranny through the expansive worlds. I believe my journal tops a few hundred pages in that game at this moment. I have not completed all of the quests yet though. Hahaa.

Nostalgically, I would have to say FFVII hands down. It was the first RPG I really, REALLY got in to, and to this day the crappy translation and blocky sprites still amuse me to absolutely no end.

I also love The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It was my first official RPG, and a hell of a lot of fun. I thought Link was a girl for quite some time, though. I am not quite sure why, but oh well haha.

I am starting to get a little bored with all the new games out. I can only hope the new Morrowind and Zelda are absolutely awesome and not just visual candy. :P

Hmm...There are many age-old favorites out there, but I'd have to say my current favorite RPG is Tales of Symphonia for the Game Cube. Hours of interesting and time-consuming play plus tons of side-quests to conquer make it quite enjoyable to continue to play even after you've beat the main-plot of the game.

The best RPG I have played would be XENOGEARS, the story is SO involving the characters are great, and you get to play with GEARS more commonly known as HUGE FREAKIN MECHS. You get caught between a war between to two largest countires only to find a larger more powerful yet forgotten nation has been pulling the strings for countless years, you get to explore vast ruins of a now extinct civilization as well as the ruins of a spaceship, visit flying cities, meet interesting characters along the way that are aparently recurring characters threw the series and now they have finally started to tell the story of what happened before Xenogears I can't wait to know exactly what happened to lead to that!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: