xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spiritwolf

Mech Warrior 4 Mercs

I'm kind of adicted to this game and i was wondering who still played it. I know there is still a strong community out there and i was wondering where they all go. If you dont have this game you should pick it up.

I've played the Black Warrior expansion demo. But that didn't last as my computer isn't all theat good at playing games. I really need to upgrade. I could never find the right combination for my loadout though. I was never very good.

I played MechWarrior 3 which was pretty good with its sensitive sttings and teamplay. Going to try MechWarrior 4. By the way can anyone tell if my AMD 2000+, 512MB Ram and Gf Ti4200 128Mb will be able to run the game on good quality with at least 35 fps?

I used to play it, loved it completely, the mechwarrior universe is an awesome one. I really hope they make another mech sim for PC instead of just the action oriented xbox games. The sim ones just rocked so much its not even funny. I played MW2 (along with the Mercenaries and...other expansion whose name eludes me...), a bit of 3, and 4 and its expansion and I must sya loved em all. 3 was probably my least fav due to a few issues with the technology but otherwise it was good. 4 had a pretty good storyline and I KNEW a merc version was comming, and when it did I freaked. I love the mercvenary concept as an expansion pack for the series...maaan I hope Mw5 shows up someday soon

I luuuvv Mechwarrior. We haven't bouht the full thing, but I've played the free trial. I've played Mechwarrior the pen/paper RPG, Battletech, Mechwarrior 2, Mechwarrior 2:Mercs, Mechwarrior 3, Mechwarrior 4:Vengance, and Mechwarrior 4:Mercs. I've also read 6 different Books on it, so i luuvv it. When we get X-Box 360, we'll get Mech Assault. And my Favorite Mech is the Griffin. I like the merc ones better since ur managing ur own unit, but i don't like working for the Lyran Alliance or The Federated Suns or Commonwealth. My favorite Employer and House is Marik, but i prefer Davion over Steiner.

I spent some time with Mercenaries for a bit, but found i couldn't get into it as much as mechwarrior 3 or 2 for that matter. I just don't find the fights as engaging as it's ancestors :DFun for what it is, but not something i'd still play now.