xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rapisten1405241486

A Bookcover For School Work about J.R.R Tolkien

I'm sorry but could you be a bit more specific on your topic. From here, I can only tell that you are designing a book cover for your school work with the Illustrator program.

Currently, you want to show it and let people look at it through this Xisto forums but you don't know how to upload it. You like simple designs and you've done the whole drawing using the mouse. In all, you want your opinion in what you have drew.

If this is a case of "How do i upload images" I would recommend using image hosting websites like Imageshack, Ripway, and Tinypic. These are the few best ones i can find free on the net. I hope this is what you're looking for.

ok, here is my promised review:there is a tower (orthanc, right?) a globe, and some textthe tower is just like in all of the old drawings by john howe and other artists, and i know they worked with tolkien with the drawings, so this is what tolkien wanted it too look like. that's a good thing. i also like the tower because you can clearly see what it is, although you only see the contours. that's great. it's hard to do such things with a mouse, congratulations!ok, the globe. is it a real globe, or just some lines, that make sea and land? anyway, i like it, because it is simple. now the text: what exactly does it say? and what language is it? well, i like the font, did you type it with a real font first, and then remade it, with extra stuff like the long line in 'R' in 'Ringen' or is it all your own fantasy? conclusion: very nice,because it is simple, but maybe just a little too simple? the colors are a bit too simple i think, although you should stick to black&white, maybe just a little more different types of gray.

It is not a font wich i remade it from a little logo my friend have painted for Sagan om Ringen wich is the name for the book lord of the rings in swedish. The text is like this in english:A work by Mohammed Al-Ghorabi about J.RR tolkien the man who made The lord of the rings. sonmething like that

its good and simple! but its missing colour on your work. looks kinda plain maybe use the brown shades, like the olden times. u could give the image some age, try to edit it in photoshop for the finishing touches.you must have a lot of time to do this for your language work! i wouldnt even do this for my languages. all i do is alot of writing, not much creativity in the subject...well if you do some improvements to your work, it might even look better than the writing contained in the book LOL.

I also writes like eminen rap lyric but everything is disses to my friends in my language. But I love pictures, painting and drawing. I tried to draw manga the best in my school but nothing if i compare to artist out on the web. I think the bookcoverc will be printed as it is on a thick paper and the make cracks and dop it into water and place it by the heater it will then be old is that a good idea? :P

I think that is a nice-ish idea, but will there be just one bookcover being printed 'cos if not it might get a bit.. not boring (can't remember the word) but a bit annoying having to do that process for each printed one. i think it would be a good idea to do what you want in photoshop because you only have to do it once and you could control the effect you want. if you cannot figure how to do what you want in PS you could search for some large high-quality images on google for 'old distressed paper' and take parts and do what you need.you could also try adding a little vector work on the castle some bold lines and colours could help with the perseption of third demension to it.