xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shahidiimran

Msn Contacts Removal i want to remove or erase added contacts

i want a little help ... please if sombody know how to erease contacts fromm MSN messenger ID, the problem i am facing is that my id is so old and so common and many contacts adds me daily, if i allow them, they disturb me and if i dont they are goine in block catagory and now i hav eblock list full and added contacts list full, polease tell me how can i REmove the conacts or how can i delete my contact so that they neither show in block list nor in allow list, i want my id az a new id, is their any way....if so please tell me...i am so much worriedwill be waiting for replyByessssssssssssss

The tutorials section is for written tutorial submissions, not questions.Also do not double post, posts in the tutorial section will not become visiable untill a moderator or admin has aproved them.

I fear that that's not possible, since the allow and block lists are stored at m$' s server and that there's no function or way to clear that list (according to my, after a close inspection of the msn options window).You have two choices I think.1 - Get another MSN-account2 - Live with it.

I think my bot (My MSN one) may be able to. It sends a funky signal to MSN but ive since deleted that function, but it can be done, just delete the blocks from your contact list and they should be gone.

Easy as pie... right click on the contact and choose delete. It will give you the option of blocking them at the same time. Now the only thing you cannot control is whether they have added you on their side, but at least they're gone.Cheers,Phoenix :)

One other thing... the contacts you have deleted will ALWAYS show up in your blocked list. The only reason you'd need to look at that though is if you choose Tools - Options - Privacy. Then you can see who you've blocked. There is nothing you can do about that one.Cheers,Phoenix :)

Removal of Contact

Msn Contacts Removal

hey guys, I have the same problem, removing dead or dull contacts. I did a lot of research in the past year. You cannot remove them yourself. I found a few and asked them kindly to remove me and they did. But there are some ignorant people out there won't or are just being stupid. I hope someday we can get rid of all of unwanted contacts,and a clean msn, Mea

Hot to remove msn contacts properly...

Msn Contacts Removal

There's a catch to completely removing Messenger contacts.

Right clicking on a persons contact and selecting DELETE does NOT remove them from Messenger, but simply removes them from the online/offline list.

The only way you can delete someone from YOUR list is if THEY have removed you from THEIRS.

To see whose contacts list you are still on, select:

TOOLS > OTIONS > PRIVACY > Allow List or Block list

Right click on any entry, if the 'Delete' option is selectable then that person has already removed you from their contacts, and this means you can also delete them from yours. If the 'Delete' function is not selectable, you will likely have to email or instant message that person asking that they delete your contact entry from their Messenger.

It's unfortunate that Microsoft designed Messenger to behave in this way, thereby tying control over functionality between users. Very ridiculous, but that seems to be the microsoft way of thinking.

It initially caused me much annoyance that I could not totally remove contacts who I never communicated with. Now I write to the person requesting, very nicely, that they remove my contact from their list so I can remove theirs from mine.

Hope that helps, good luck everyone!

-reply by How To...

Hot to remove msn contacts properly...

Msn Contacts Removal

There's a catch to completely removing Messenger contacts.

Right clicking on a persons contact and selecting DELETE does NOT remove them from Messenger, but simply removes them from the online/offline list.

The only way you can delete someone from YOUR list is if THEY have removed you from THEIRS.

To see whose contacts list you are still on, select:

TOOLS > OTIONS > PRIVACY > Allow List or Block list

Right click on any entry, if the 'Delete' option is selectable then that person has already removed you from their contacts, and this means you can also delete them from yours. If the 'Delete' function is not selectable, you will likely have to email or instant message that person asking that they delete your contact entry from their Messenger.

It's unfortunate that Microsoft designed Messenger to behave in this way, thereby tying control over functionality between users. Very ridiculous, but that seems to be the microsoft way of thinking.

It initially caused me much annoyance that I could not totally remove contacts who I never communicated with. Now I write to the person requesting, very nicely, that they remove my contact from their list so I can remove theirs from mine.

Hope that helps, good luck everyone!

-reply by How To...

How to block then deleted msn id

Msn Contacts Removal

I am using msn since 1999, I want know that how to retern old block and deleted msn id's from my msn account fahadaltaf@hotmail.Com.

Is that possiable so please help me.

I am wating your best reply for me.

Fahad Altaf

-reply by Fahad Altaf

I think you will just have to manually right-click each contact to be deleted and press 'Delete contact'. Unfortunately, there is no quick way of doing so unless you write your own program that utilise the MSN protocol to delete those contacts. I'm sure doing manually won't take a lot of time, unless you have lots of contacts to delete. It maybe faster to make a new group and drag all the unwanted contacts into the group, and then deleting the group.

deleting msn IM contactsMsn Contacts RemovalReplying to shahidiimran1. Click block on the I'm screen2. Click Block and Report AbuseThey will be removed from you contact list, but make sure you NEVER want to talk to them again-reply by Jordan

how to get rid of all contactsMsn Contacts Removal

Just been searching around online how to get rid of my 300+ contacts and it was all very complicated..

But going on hotmail.Com and selecting all your contacts and pressing the delete button on your keyboard works. It might take a while but it was really quick and easy for me.

I don't know about blocking and deleting though, unfortunately. But if you're like me and just wanted to delete them all so you can't talk to them  then you're sorted.

(I spent too much time on msn talking to people and now I really must focus on my university work)

cant delete a contact from msn= i had it and i managed to delete itMsn Contacts Removal

Hi

I just read through your problem and I had same with 3 contacts

I failed first for 1 whole hour and then I logged into my hotmail account normally

then I edited the following

go to contact list, find the name and delete them then go back to your msn, you will find that the names have been deleted automatically and your problem resolved

hope this help

Michael