xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spickid101

Cd-r Burining

wow, and i though this was for "talented people" i bet if you took a magnifying glass and focused the sun on it it might work.

Calm down people :P

What the dude means is that his friend found a way to burn CDRs without a CD Burning Software

If you're wondering how, all you have to do is insert the blank CD, and open the CD inside Windows Explorer. The drag the files, and when you're finished press 'Write these files to the CD' and the Roxio based burner will burn you CD for you. To burn audio cds (at snails speed), you can use the integrated feature inside Windows Media Player.

If all of that was a load of nonsense and that your friend found a way to write music onto a CD by making pricks with a needle :P , then I want to meet that guy.

As musichere said, it is possible with windows XP's windows explorer. It can only burn cd-r though, which is what spickid's friend can only do. It doesn't burn cdrw or any dvd. It's quite a nice tool though, not bad.

On the topic of CD-R burning I am having trouble getting my CD-R and DVD-R drive to work. Could it be a problem with the hardware or the system itself. Is it corrupted some how.

You have not really said enough to get a proper answer. Answer these questions and let’s see what we can do for you.1 Do you have a separate cd-r and dvd-r, or its two in one?2 If you have a separate cd-r and dvd-r, are they on the same cable?3 Can either of them play cd or dvd media?4 What was the last thing you did before they stop recording?

What I have heard is that there is a program that makes you burn dvds on cd recorders. Anyone knows if it's possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe it means "there is a program tha makes you burn the content of DVDs on CD recorders." So what really happens is DVD ripping with DVD ripper software (whatever it is), then convert it to VCD, and burn using CD recorder to create vcd. Or just rip and burn the result of ripping without converting it.

If what you really meant is burn DVD media in a CD recorder, its only possible if its a DVD recorder, most DVD recorders can also burn CDs. If you want a software which can burn DVD media in a CD recorder, there is no possible answer. Since there is an incompatibility between DVD media (disk) with the recorder (CD recorder). This incompatibility is not in its software, but hardware, so you can never make them both compatible with software. If a DVD media/disk can't even be read in a CD recorder, how can it be burnt in CD recorder?

On the topic of CD-R burning I am having trouble getting my CD-R and DVD-R drive to work. Could it be a problem with the hardware or the system itself. Is it corrupted some how.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you explained the detailed problem, (i.e. the light was on but there was no result of burning, it could read but not burn, or it said burn proccess completed but the result disk couldn't be read) it'll be easier for all to answer. Also mention your OS and installed software for burning (i.e. Nero 6 on Windows XP pro SP 2)