xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spickid101

Psp talking about the psp

have u guys heard of the psp? it's awsome and is one of the best handheld entertainment systems ever created! it sure beats the nintendo ds. the PsP is made by sony, and can go through online gaming, it can play music, videos and even pictures! although it is $350 bucks canadian =( and 250 american :)

Yea it seems like the all in one entertainment peice. The price is a little high though so I think I'd hold off on one of those till the price drops. Also the battery seems to only last a short while. For me having a long battery life is important. It seems rather large too, how well do you think it could fit in a pocket? Anyway you may think I'm some nintendo fanboy, but I think pretty highly of the PSP and all of its multi abilities. You know that in a few days people will have it hacked and put linux on it or some crazy thing like that.

how much isit in the us right now? one person said it was $250 and the other said $350. im still waiting for it in the UK. the prices and the release date is still unconfirmed. i calculated that in JAP - 130GBPUS - 130GBP or 185GBPso its most likely to come out to europe as 130GBPcan anyone confirm the price in the us? thanks

I am thinking of selling some of my spare artwork to buy one. I will probably wait until around Christmas though. Hopefully the prices will have dropped by then.

I have a few questions about it. Is it backwards compatible? Someone told me that it has the ability to play PS2 and PS1 games, but I cannot seem to find that much information about it online.

And how about DVDs? Music CDs? Mp3s? How is the memory? I heard that it has 32mb default memory somewhere. I wonder if that can be upgraded?

If it really does play pictures, movies, music, PS1/2 games ... I might just have to do some odd jobs and get one. My brother blew up my PS2 a while back and refuses to replace it, so all I have as far as consoles go is ... N64. He also ruined my CD player and refuses to replace that. All in all the boy has cost me a few hundred dollars, so I think I may deserve this one indulgence. =D

I don't think it can play ps1 or ps2 games. They are on cds and dvds, and the psp uses... something... weird =P But what I have heard (and wich is probably why you got confused) was that its hardware is like the PS2.

This is one great new product of sony, I am looking forward to see if how this game console will be like. If this thing can play both ps1andps2 I guess I will have to purchase this neat stuff. I am travleling a lot and I don't have that kind of space to bring a console anywhere. I hope to be able to get a product of sony. Yes very nice, small and can be brought anywhere, even if it won't fit in my pocket at least I can bring it with either my traveling bag or my backpack. This is cool and nice. I hope this console supports gameshark so that I can edit the way the game goes... hehehe

I bought the nintendo DS kind of spontaneously without checking if there was something coming out later that I should save my money for..But I still don't know whether I should buy it or not.. someone told me it cost $250 american (which is rather steep for me) and the DS cost about $150 less. Though the DS graphics are less than that of the PSP, I am pretty confident I made the right choice (well for me). Once I get a job (probably in the summer) I'll get a PSP.