xisto Community
Tibbz

Lets See Some Photos You Guys Have Taken/edited

You took that picture Maybe? O_o. That's a nice picture. It looks commercial. Very nice framing, you've captured the movement just right, so it looks like the guy is still skating even though it's a static picture. Did you convert it to sepia? Or does your camera shoot in sepia automatically?

^ are nice!!

Posted Image

This one was done by really lowering the shutter speed. Pity my hand couldn't stay still. Btw...it's from my home balcony.

Posted Image

One of my all time favourites..On my sister's birthday. I love the way the candle seems to be licking her face.

Posted Image

Another one of my favourites. Notice the patterns on her face thrown by th flash through the glass...Was in a restaurant in the hotel we stayed in our sri lanka trip.

You took that picture Maybe? O_o. That's a nice picture. It looks commercial. Very nice framing, you've captured the movement just right, so it looks like the guy is still skating even though it's a static picture. Did you convert it to sepia? Or does your camera shoot in sepia automatically?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for the comment, and yes I took that picture myself. My camera also does shoot sepia automatically which is useful in really light situations. Also for me sepia is much better than black and white because it gives more personality to the picture for some reason..:P

Posted Image

^this one is actually a conglomeration of 13 separate digital photos, it still needs some work but it's very close to being finished.

Posted Image

^I don't know whether to say this one is a photograph or a design project so lets say it's a photograph.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll probably post a few more later.

Those are pretty nice manipulations but they seem a little bit "over-whored" to me. In the sence that using 13 different photos and basically the only focus point I see is the broken glass. The last image you posted has to much squares(block) images that make the image hard to focus on. I personally favor the one with the phone hanging down. Do you still have the stock without the radial zoom blur? I think you can really do something with the image. For example my idea is to vector the phone and the wire while leaving the stock background. That would truely show that life can be traced like a image.Keep up the good work, I like your style!

Well if by "over-whored' you mean what I think you mean, I agree with you. The phone pics are the only recent ones, I've gotten a little more tasteful since the beginning, haha. and yes I do have the original of hanging phone one...and I'm learning how to use illustrator now so I should be getting into a little more vector oriented stuff soon...I'll keep your suggestion in mind, it sounds like it has some serious potential.

Haha when I first checked this post and saw your first picture, my brain went, Whoa, that is some multiple exposure shot!Then I realised you did it digitally. Which kind of spoilt it for me. >_<. You know, if you had actually done all those shots naturally (by this i mean with a film camera or something) you would be very very skilled! Especially the phone one. I was like, whoa, how he get it to spiral like that? *brain was working out the specifics of it, focus on phone, and then let camera move just a little bit on rotation with long exposure...*Nice photos, but yeah, as I said, the fact that you did it digitally was a tad disappointing...

One of my favourite images - well, one that's not of a person, anyway. I love photographs of landscapes etc - the effects sunlight and moonlight can have are simply breathtaking.

In this picture I was trying to capture the pink in the sky, but caught part of a tree too, and when I downloaded the picture I decided I really liked the effect. The phone lines just got in the way I'm afraid. I've not enhanced the picture in any way - I rarely do, I'm terrible at image enhancement!

Posted Image

Excuse the fact that it's huge... it was huger before I uploaded to Photobucket!

One of my favourite images - well, one that's not of a person, anyway.  I love photographs of landscapes etc - the effects sunlight and moonlight can have are simply breathtaking.

In this picture I was trying to capture the pink in the sky, but caught part of a tree too, and when I downloaded the picture I decided I really liked the effect.  The phone lines just got in the way I'm afraid.  I've not enhanced the picture in any way - I rarely do, I'm terrible at image enhancement!

Posted Image

Excuse the fact that it's huge... it was huger before I uploaded to Photobucket!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The picture is pretty blurry, but I can see what caught your eye to photograph the colors. Unfortunatly the point and shoot digital cameras are really weak at capturing the right color in a dimmer situation...I found this to be really disapointing when I try to capture soft colors in the sunsets, I think the only way out is a SLR camera. That is why I am getting the Canon Digital Rebel XT...anybody have a comments on it?

Nice picture, but the blurryness... :(

The tree was moving at the time - and I also don't have the steadiest of hands, hence the fact that the branches look blurred. Perhaps I should have changed the settings to Night-shoot to get the colours better... I'm still learning!

How about my photos? :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm Samuel, a photographer in Hong Kong, and is also the admin of dchome.net, the largest photography discussion forum in Hong Kong~~~ :)

=_=. Different standard altogether na~ I think I don't need to tell you that your photos are good no?Where did you take them and what equipment? I know you use a MarkII but what lens? Especially for the insect closeup. How did you manage to get so close to the insect? Using long lens? Macro?