xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Giniu

So Rpg... But In What Time? lets see what we like... :)

RPG with action in what time you like?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Roleplaying games can take action in any time, but some are more popular than others - what you prefer... please add examples... If you would want to see something that isn't created yet, write few words about it...edit-----------------PS.: If it is fantasy world, it must have some similarieties to some of our time, so add it there...

all rpg's with action that happens before 1800 are not my cup of tea :) This is to distant for me. I also don't like very much all those fantasy games, with bizzare monsters, wizzards and all that funny stuff :( I don't feel this.The best game for me is something with action in II world war and mainly those, with action in our or close to ours time.I hope that you understood me ;)

I like fantasy RPGs. Such as Dungeon Siege, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo, Lineage...

I don't know what year was these fantasy times lol :)

I'm voting for Fantasy RPGs

I think Fantasy RPG like Diablo, Dungeon Siege, Lineage and Neverwinter Nights can be placed in Medieval, since this is time of Magic and Sword... anyway thanks for you opinion...PS.: thats why coments are needed - what you choose and if it is real/fantasy, since we can have fantasy RPG in WWII realies...for example Arcanum can be asigned to WWI (look at tohose planes... that's time they came from...)

I also love fantasy RPGs, but there are Gazillions of them.I think you should do a medieval RPG, but make it as realistic as it can be, like no fireballs, spells...etc. Just simple plain people with real abilities, like leadership (if you are for example a general of an army, you could make your army belive in you and fight with more courage....)I think that would be awesome, but I'm not sure if it would be... commercially succesfull...

I am with Vagodeoz. I very much like the idea of that sort of game. I tend to go for games such as Morrowind and Might & Magic VI. Fantasy with magic and dragons and touches of reality (like, you have to sleep and eat, and you can effect how people like/dislike you). I do not like games set in the future all that much (except for the Halo games, of course).So yes. I adore games in a medieval setting very much.

I'd prefer a game that BENDS the time line, sort of like a soldier in olden times where people still bang each other on the head with swords, spears, clubs and melee weapons. Then he/they be the "chosen ones" sent down by god or something like that...

Thanks for replies...right now I wrote all those five ideas on our board... Unfortuneatly I probably would move this pool to some more game-specific forum, since I got only 3 votes... anyway - given ideas would ba an option to vote and I would remember who post it first, so don't worry... of course this is still active, but I won't except more votes...that's for the beginning... from what I see there now I would probably sit in medieval, maybe with fantasy, maybe with real line or time mixed line... right now I don't know... still must colect some more info, but this is also opinion of few people... like I said must go to some game-oriented forum... I know few local game forums... anyone know some global gaming forums??

I like fantasy RPGs. Such as Dungeon Siege, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo, Lineage...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NWN... I love you! :rolleyes:

although i love nwn (and i hear morrowind is a good game, too) i voted for far future. i think nwn (and maybe morrowind) is/are one-of-a-kind games. in general i think far future is a better base for action rpg's, the star wars-sphere-games. i'm now playing kotor, and i love how magic - the Force (or technology so far-advanced which makes it very magic-like - teleport, etc.) is combined with advanced technology. far future is a better base but nwn still is a better game, although i can't really choose between nwn and kotor, so i will stick to 'BioWare is great!' :)

Personally I love games with magic, quests, deeds etc, but I can also enjoy future games. However I mostly stick with medieval or pre medieval. I don't know what though, but a lot of the future based games have as setting that the Earth was destroyed and all that (even though it may happen one day) and I don't really like that. I play ShadowMUD, which is in a different world, different time, lots of magic and bad beasts to slay :) I am mage there (what did you expect with someone whose nickname is moonwitch LOL) and I adore the game. For a long time I also played USI (this is email based) which was à la Star Trek, it was fun, but you constantly have to look up which technology you could use in your posts, because it was not only the technology, but its availability, weight etc. So in the end you stick to what you know, and then if you need something, you "invent" it on the spot. I loved the game but making 4 to 5 posts a week of over 1000 words was too much for me between here, SIF and ShadowMUD (that and I like to eat n sleep too at times)As far as graphical games go, I swear by Phantasmagoria (I lost the discs), Myst, Riven and Exile, Broken Sword and Leisure suits Larry (so I like a laugh too). Oh and sanatorium. THose names may be old, but they're my all time faves. Sadly I only have Exile on a still working disc. But that's the setting I like, a dark, mysterious, even horror game, with "puzzles" to solve. :rolleyes: PS. if there are games out there that are similar and more recent, by all means, tell me or pm me the names :) I have an old computer at the moment, so I can't really play decent games (hence I stick to text based). But in the near future I plan to buy a new one :)

RPGs with action can really take place in anytime period, but personally I like the ones set in futuristic settings or alternate realities, like Star Ocean 2, this game also has a great story line. Another RPG like Shadow Hearts is also a great game, it is set in the 1900s around the time of WWI, also the sequal to this game Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant has a great story line as well even these games are set in the 1900s these are still great games.

I love RPG games, especially in a fantasy setting. Unfortunately, my PC's too old for the newer games like Doom III, which require a lot of graphics memory and I only have a Voodoo3 16mb card. So, I have to content myself with older games which I still play from time to time.My all-time favourite RPG's include Lands of Lore III, Might & Magic VI - VIII, Diablo , Diablo II (expansion), Stonekeep and Shadowcaster. I'm not sure about how to vote in the poll since the time-period is not a selection criteria for me. The game-play and sometimes a good storyline is what attracts me to a game.