xisto Community
lacking_imagination

Microsoft Comic Chat

Well, its nothing new, but does anyone remember comic chat from windows 95? I've been trying to find an xp version, but I'm 99% positive ms did away with it after 95. Its a pity. This chat program was amazing. You picked a character, and the setting for the room, and then you entered and it looked like a comic strip. You had a emotion wheel and each character had something like 8 emotions. You could select the emotion, type your message in and it would show up in the strip. Also, we banned people for this, but you could tie up a whole room by pressing enter a whole bunch of times. Every time you pressed enter, the character would scroll through the emotions. Since everyone only had dialup back then, that would freeze entire rooms. Fun meomories... Does anyone else remember this amazing program?

Hmm, I've never heard of the program. It seems really fun... I wonder if it would still tie up the room now that most people have high-speed connections... Is it still available for download? Does it work for Windows XP?

Uhm, doesnt look interesting at all. How can you review at the messages have passed??? LOL. Or you have to stick your eyes on your comp screen.Yahoo Messenger's IMVironment feature is cool enough for me.

Yeah I remember playing with that, you could add it in 98 if you wanted. It was quite a funny little thing but never managed to get it connected to the net and use it. Now I just sit on IRC much better.

I remeber that chat...and to be honest.. I HATE IT!!!!There're a lot of new chtas that do the same trick, but with better characters and way faster....Beasides... you may get it for xp... but what good will it make if no one uses it...

Heh... I downloaded it, but I don't think there's a server anymore... I tried to connect, but it couldn't find a server. Looks nice though, I'd be interested in trying it.

Ya'll are correct about the servers in Microsoft Chat. The servers that were default in the program shut down in 2001. Since then there have been several replacement servers pop up for people who fell in love with this style of chatting. The Comic Chat servers were originally IRCX servers but Microsoft Chat is very adaptable to other types of IRC server software. I am affiliated with a true IRCX server running the same server software that Microsoft Comic Chat was designed for. The shortcut you posted earlier is probably the best resource site for those that want to use Comic Chat still. Mermaid Elizabeth's MS Chat Resource Site

The replacement servers are listed on the IRC Server List page.

I work on Comic-Reach Chat Services . Please feel free to stop by sometime and try out Comic Chat