xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sparkliestars11

Internet Explorer internet explorer

Do you have any kind of popup stopper running on your system (check your system tray). This sounds like one of those. Or else something has hijacked your browser and turns it off when you try to browse other pages. Check for that popup stopper and run some antispyware (get Spybot Search & Destroy) - it's free. You can get it at:https://www.safer-networking.org/

Check all these and let us know if the problem still persists.

Cheers :)

its not about converting to firefox.. its about a problem with IE. i suggest you download antispyware program and scan your computer. ad-aware is a famous one (though i never had the need to use these programs myself)... also there is a possibility that your computer is infected by a virus.... i don't know but your description shows something very similar to the blaster virus... i came out a long time ago and was stopped.. but you could the virus from somewhere else. well if thats the case, then i suggest you to do an antivirus scan.. if you don't have any antivirus, try Panda.. its free and good.

Yeap, I think I got this sort of problem long time ago. It is certainly a symptom of virus or spyware. The IE files may be damanged or IE's spyware plugins do some illegal actions.

You should:

- Scan your system for viruses using Norton or McAfee.

- Scan spyware using Spybot Search & Destroy (download at https://www.safer-networking.org/, this is genuine link cause you can get dozen of software named Spybot from the search engine). I trust this one the most. It also comes with a utility running residently that allows you to prevent unexpectly changes to your Windows registry.

And if you'd like IE style but cant use it anymore and dont like Firefox/Opera/Nescape.... an alternative one is Maxthon (formly known MyIE). Following are some introduction info from their website http://www.maxthon.com/

Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly customizable interface. It is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features like...

Tabbed Browsing Interface

Mouse Gestures

Super Drag&Drop

Privacy Protection

AD Hunter

RSS Reader

Google Bar Support

External Utility Bar

Skinning

And Much More to Explore...