xisto Community

MajesticTreeFrogIpod Colour in Australia costs $750(Australian Dollars) But I'm not sure abot America.From.::DAMAN::.

What do you mean by iPod colour? There is no iPod colour. There is the coloured iPod minis, and the iPod Photo, which displays colour...iPod mini (the coloured ones) 4GB US$199 , 6GB US$249 (like MTF said)iPod Photo (the one with the colour screens) 30GB US$349, 60GB US$449You can actually find it all out in http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ I love how the price of the 60GB dropped by so much. Now it's actually possible for me to purchase! *joy*

im just wondering....whats so special about ipods to make them cost so much money? cause im pretty sure i could go out and buy something just as good for half the price =\

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The other mp3 players of similar capacity, like the iRivers, are around the same price as the iPod. I think what makes the players so expensive is the small hard drive the player requires, which is kind of expensive. The small electronics I think are also a little bit expensive to produce. I heard that Apple makes approximately 40% profit off of each iPod so the production cost for each iPod is approximately 60% of the price they sell it for.

The other mp3 players of similar capacity, like the iRivers, are around the same price as the iPod.  I think what makes the players so expensive is the small hard drive the player requires, which is kind of expensive.  The small electronics I think are also a little bit expensive to produce.  I heard that Apple makes approximately 40% profit off of each iPod so the production cost for each iPod is approximately 60% of the price they sell it for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldnt i depend of where you buying it from because if you brought it directly from apple it would be different to if you brought it from a 3rd party dealer.

I would much rather a creative mp3 player anyways :)

I wouldn't personally spend that much for an iPod, but I'm just a college kid with no money. Maybe if I had a steady career and had a little spare cash. Personally an MP3 player with a few discs or a few cdrw's with some music on them would benefit me about the same. Although this music piracy is still a big issue, and that's how most people go that route when they download illegally, but can't you put iTunes on there and play them back as well? Maybe they have a different format. I have no idea, but surely it would play it since it also plays the .wma's and such.

Anyone ever tried getting a free iPod from that site?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I seen it on "The Screensavers", and the guy actually said it worked. (that show has gone downhill) No idea though. Just have to get a bunch of people to complete offers and such. If anyone wants to try it, sign up under me :P by clicking here.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/?r=12159974

I Don't Know Why So Many People Like Ipod I Believe creative mp3 player is cheaper(depend on wat model) and i just like creative.(My Country Product)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

jss11, you sound just like my patriotic cousin who is a Singaporean/Creative fan and but since I live on my budget system which is already likely to suggest that I have no money already tells you that I buy whatever that is worthy of my savings. I managed to get my hands on a Creative MuVo TX FM 512MB thanks to another donation from my best friend who has the resources to donate her stuff to me :P

I'd get an iPod if it were shock absorbive. If not, I'd drop it the first day and see 50 and 20 dollar bills flying out of it and burning up before I could catch them! I've had 3 mp3 players, each one progressively cheaper, because I always drop it on the first week, even on carpet, and it never works again :P. I can imagine the mini-hard drive disk shooting out at 10,000 rpm into a wall, and it would be very painful to watch, as my mouth drops to the floor froom the excitement of just blowing $400 in such a fashion, and the agony of just having blown $400 in such a fashion :P

I've got one. I love it. I use it to transport school work from my pc to my home pc. And, lets not forget, all the music I have on it. Personally, I thought it was worth paying the money to get one. I know alot of people who have them and are just as happy as I am.

*cough* iPod mini *cough* Not colour *cough*Anyways,Although the ipod mini is cheaper and smaller however it can not hold as much as the plain iPod. If you have the money get the Plain iPod and get a skin for it :P

im just wondering....whats so special about ipods to make them cost so much money? cause im pretty sure i could go out and buy something just as good for half the price =\

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My opinion on the Ipod...

...Yea okay so its the name brand mp3 player..

best when it comes to reliability and customer service..

But when it comes to features

Creatlive Labs Has a Zen Micro to beat it

The only problem is creative isnt as reliable in customer service..

If ur zen miro is broken... they replace it...not fix the problem, so its bound to happen again

But then again.. Ipod.. everyone knows it

I mean the week i got a creative zen micro, it had white ear buds and everyone asked me " Is that an Ipod?" When they saw the white ear buds, i told them no, and THey were like oh its just an Mp3 player,, it cant hold as much as an Ipod... I just ...looked at them , with that " wow your technologically ignorant"...because ...Ipod = Mp3 player..with a name heeehee

Can anyone tell me if what I hear about Ipods is true?For example you cant replace the batteries so if your ipod battery dies you need a new one?I personally have a Creative Zen, its super old, and its dead as hell but I love it :rolleyes: and despise Ipods with a passion!Ipods are far too flashy for me, I like having an MP3 player that looks like a brick hahaAlthough I was thinking about getting a Zen Touch or something like that, anyone got one? Or could recommend a good creative mp3 player? One which didnt cost the world either as im only a poor poor student hehe