xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sparkliestars11

I Don't Get It , Why Google? google

Everyone that i kno uses google but it doesn't create that well of results for me. hmm maybe i am just not typing in the right kind of key words or something like that. i think i would rather use msn or yahoo.

-----I changed your topic from "I Don't Get It" to this. Please use discriptive titles for your topic.-----szupie

Can you provide us with some example for keywords that you use for say, a specific search topic ? Give us a list of the topics as well as the keywords you are using for them. That way we can help you figure out where it's going wrong... Google gets us the answers 90% of the time. :) It shouldn't be otherwise for you.All the best

You can try downloading WebFerret Free, a search engine which will search for your keywords from multiple search engines and different people do have different opinions, so you can't say if Google is better than Yahoo! It depends on how you see it.

I dont know your particular searching cases. To me, whenever I want to search for some websites or online storages, I imagine that those websites/storages should contain the keywords or phrases about the topics. Then I just type whatever phrases that come up in my mind. If none of them found, I will try another phrase. If so many results are returned then I will pick up some of relevant sentence or keywords (that I've seen) and give it another try.If the result does not very close this time, try to put those keywords or sentence in a pair of double quotes.Sorry for my bad explanation.

With the kind of work I do, researching a wide verity of verticals is what I do on a continous basis.. Google's what I use most of the time.. many times, it so happens that even if you do put in the 'just right' set of key-words - your search results - and especially the ones YOU want or are looking out for; will not appear up untill after the 4th page.. I find Google an excellent tool towards locating the correct - and relevant information - stuff that needs to go into presentations and proposals.. If you need help with your research, do post (or PM) the kind of results you're looking out for.. do hope to be able to help you out here.. Rashid

Everyone that i kno uses google but it doesn't create that well of results for me. hmm maybe i am just not typing in the right kind of key words or something like that. i think i would rather use msn or yahoo.

-----I changed your topic from "I Don't Get It" to this. Please use discriptive titles for your topic.-----szupie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use google because it is widely known.

One of my favorite things about Google is that it has Google Images, Local, News, etc... all of which are searchable. Google Images is REALLY helpful when I'm updating my blog or website. You know another thing I noticed about search functions... they NEVER work on corporate websites. Has anyone else noticed this? For instance, if I want to search for the Director at the Citisearch website, it'll give me all this mumbo-jumbo. That's the same with university websites too. It's like... the search function is written to be totally logical to computers, but in reality, it doesn't work in a way that's useful to us humans!! Google, on the other hand, spits out human-logical answers (most of the time). It's a real skill to figure out how to enter things so that you can find exactly what you're looking for...

Yah, sometimes I find that Google doesn't give that good results that I'm looking for. Google usually gives the most popular results, but sometimes I'm looking for something else. I usually use Teoma, which gives more subject specific results usually, if I can't find what I'm looking for on Google.

well that is why there are many search engines on the web. I use google first, then go to yahoo, then go to microsoft's. i usually find what i want by yahoo's though, however most of the time i find what i need in google! google rocks, my friend. don't forget it. :)on their course to take over the world..

Google is the most accuate search engine, even yahoos search engine is based on googles. So when searching yahoo, its like an outdated version of our favourite search bot :(I never really liked yahoo's directory style apporach. Although i havnt been to their site for about a year now so thing may have changed. If i cant find it in google then i mustnt really need it :)

One thing I like about Google is that it's faster when compared to Yahoo! since they use their very own Google Ad(Non)Sense text-based ads and I tend to block them off with Mozilla Firefox's AdBlock plugin and the search results are fairly better than Yahoo!'s too. However, It depends on your taste since everyone have different tastes and so on so you'll just have to test out both search engines and see which one suits you well enough :)

Google is the best because of all its advance search features, like image search. Not only that, Google also has News, Froogle, Language Translator, and many other features making it the best to find stuff on the web. It also loads the pages fast and doesn't have ads.

I find that when using google I have to narrow down my search alot by using '+' and '-' as a prefix. a particular favourite of mine is '-free' which cuts out alot of useless ads also '-add - to -cart' cuts out shopping sites and that type of thing. If you want relevant results sort of think of the prefixes and keywords as a spam killing program. So for example if I wanted to find a web based CSS generator I would type: '+CSS generator -download -tutorial -support'. This would mean that its is lookingh for a CSS generator and not a HTML or PHP generator. It also means we are not looking for a dowloadable program, a CSS tutorial or a support page for a CSS generator. Sure enough, Listing No. 2 is this:CssCreator - Live CSS GeneratorLive CSS Cascading Style Sheet generator, choose styles see how they will effect your web site.https://csscreator.com/tools
cssgenerate - 72k - Cached - Similar pages Its simply that easy. All you have to do is approach it in a different manner to cut out useless stuff.

Google is the best because of all its advance search features, like image search. Not only that, Google also has News, Froogle, Language Translator, and many other features making it the best to find stuff on the web. It also loads the pages fast and doesn't have ads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, and you forgot to add, GMail.