xisto Community
lacking_imagination

Crappy Games Pt. 2. Prisoner Of War

Well, I did it again. I bought another extremely crappy computer game. The first was Republic: join the revolution, which I reviewed on the "other" section. But this game, in my opinion, takes the cake for the worst game I've ever played.In POW, you are an american pilot shot down in germany circa WWII. You are captured and thrown, still in uniform, into the pow camp. You start off by having a guy walk up to you, while you are being held by guards, and start talking to you about escaping. Side note... All the guards are identical... Ok, well the guards don't seem to care that you are going to sneak around stealing stuff to escape. Most of the "action" should be done at night, so the guards can't see you as well. The game has a metal gear solid type radar that shows where the guards are looking. I still am a little confused as to how a WWII pilot acquired this technology from snake, but I'll overlook it for now. Anyways, you have to sneak by the guards, which is not a problem seeing as the goombas in super mario have more intelligence. You can avoid a guard by climbing under a car. They just look around and leave. Also, the german guards all have french accents. Don't ask why. They just do.The music is decent. Could have been much better, though. Sound effects were good, but not great.annoyances in this game: all the guards look the same. No matter what camp you are in. Also, the camps look the same. The maps do not tell you anything. Sometimes when you click the game minimizes. Right in the middle of climbing a fence or opening a door. Controls are sketchy at best. Camera is not fixed, but its attached to the mouse, so sneaking gets awkward.There is no combat in this game. The worst that happens is you throw a rock. And you get shot.Summary: this game is probably the worst game I have ever made. Except maybe republic.... Don't buy either.

prisoner of war is not the worst game ever made. there are definitely games that were A LOT worse. this game was actually pretty enjoyable at times. it was a fairly unique experience. at the present time there are a lot of action oriented world war 2 games being made. this game tried something different and used stealth. the graphics werent anything special, even when the game was realeased. the controlls were a little cumbersome. some of the voice acting was also pretty bad.unlike most games, you are free to atempt the objectives pretty much anytime you want. you can also roam pretty muc anywere around the levels you wanted.the ai wasnt anything special, but it did do the job.one thing that would have made the game better was more places to save. the game also had a lot of dialogue, and you could interect with a lot of characters, and watch them go through their daily reutines.overall, the game was decent.