xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matt87

Sony Psp Release Long awaited release.

Finally, the Sony PSP release has come to USA. I'm going to a gaming party tonight at GameStop untill midnight when the Sony PSP will be released, only one million copies in the USA for now ( lucky I reserved one ). I guarentee you that if you don't get one now, it will be a long wait before you get another one. The price is 250$ but trust me it's worth it.Good things about Sony PSP:1. Not only can you play games, the quality of the PSP is almost identical to playing on a PS2.2. The Sony PSP is also an Mp3 Player, why go buy an Ipod when you can have this?3. You can also play dvds using a mini dvd disc, even greater.4. Very small and easy to transport (its a hand held), and wieghs hardly nothing.5. The PSP also has internet usage as well, just keeps getting better and better huh?Bad things about Sony PSP:1. Considering the screen being so small, there have been complaints about some pixul problems that occur easily upon something striking the screen.2. Requires long amounts of battery charging.Thats about it really. I'm sure other people would have more to say about it but in general thats the whole cake. So yea, if you're interested go out and buy one before it's too late!

I'm not really that enamored with it.

Once it has been out a while, and you can find it for US$100.00 used, then I will think about jumping on it.

The drawback to working with the company that I do, EBGames, is that I get to play with all the hot new toys 6 months before they are publicly released. I am not very happy with the PSP.

And don't let anyone fool you into believing that it will be exactly like the PS2 in play style, that will leave you wanting, it plays just like any of the other handhelds...

I would reccomend that any reader that has not got one tomorrow wait for a few months and let them get some of the many, and I emphasise MANY bugs that are in the system taken care of.

This was a product that Sony pushed through R&D and it plainly shows.....

When you can't play a game for more than five minutes, before the unit wigs out, that is a big problem that should have been fixed before release.

I'll go into my office tomorrow, and I will write a review for it, and see what all they have fixed before that I give it my final rating....

-William

I bought one, and I have to say, the system it's self is rather impressive, albeit nothing new. They basically packed a dumbed-down PS2 with extra features into a handheld.The screen is big and beautiful, but the entire face of the machine is just one big surface that collects visible fingerprints. A matte finish over every non-screen surface would have worked better.Don't buy the films that go over the screens. They are a waste of money, as they do not go on perfectly smooth; you end up with a multitude of small bubbles between the film and the screen, making the screen look dirty when it's on. After futtzing with one for 10 minutes, I finally gave up and took it back off.A much better option if you'd like to protect the screen would be getting the protector that pelican makes. It's all of about $10, and covers the entire face of the PSP (makes it a bit of a squeeze to get the unit back into it's soft-sided case however).Another thing that I'm none-too-pleased about is the extravagant cost of the memory "sticks". C'mon, $150 for the 1gig?! THOSE I'll wait on...Overall, I regret buying the system (the officer that stopped me the monday after I got the system provoked that), and recommend that you wait untill it falls into the $100-150 range before picking it up. Unless, of course, you just want the system and have the green to go :rolleyes:

hey its the sony PSP! their first handheld from sony! well im still waiting for the system console to come to the shop in the UK. well there are lots of rumours that it would be £200!!! thats alot compared to other countries selling the same product. well i calculated the US dollars to British pounds its about £130 same of wich i did with the japanese currency, that also became £130. thats ok for the price.at about £200 rumoured price i rather get another two playstions 2s or something which is not really worth it...so how is the nintendo ds going in the US? well in the UK i havent seen much people purchasing the product. i havent even seen them in the streets or even my firend havent even got themm. the only way i play on it was in the retail stores on the stands, it was ok to play with i thought. but i cant really compare it to the song psp which i havent even seen or touched with my own eyes.