xisto Community
kenjvalip

How Can I Enable My Domain? I want to use my dot com domain...

To purchase a domain (not a subdomain), you need to register it with a registering company. Usually it costs around $10.00 per year, but right now Yahoo! has a half of deal and it is only $4.98. To set up a domain, you need to point your nameservers to the right place. For astathost, the first nameserver should point to ns1.astahost.com and the second should point to ns2.astahost.com.

DO NOT go for Yahoo!Domains. Absolutely NOT. They are into the worst form of fraud right now. You try buying a domain through them - they hijack it and hold onto it. They'll never give you you domain till you fall down to your knees and beg and offer to pay 100 times over. They are bloody cheats. Go for GoDaddy.Com instead. This is from personal experience - absolutely first hand. I'm warning you against Yahoo - rest is upto you. If I could I'd burn those $#&s down.

It was indicated on the cpanel that I have to pay? It requires manual setup. How much would I pay? I am registered at godaddy.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you would change your DNS settings to point to Xisto's nameservers. that takes from 24 to 48 hours. then you park the domain in cpanel and you are ready to use your domain name. It's not going to cost you anything from us, only what you paid GoDaddy for the domain name :)

Nils

Thanks for the information, I have another question. I have parked my domain and the same domain is also I used that same domain on the add-on domain, do I have to use parked only or it is ok for me to put on both parked domains and addon domains?

I also had a bad experience with yahoo... I have a few on godaddy and was surprised to see yahoo domains are also registered to godaddy, thought a transfer would be simple since i was going from yahoo/godaddy to my personal godaddy account... WRONG......... never got my domain transfered and lost my 7.99 transfer fee i paid to go daddy..... as for godaddy itself ive had no problems and would highly recommend their service, only thing i dont like is the time spent logging in ect

Edited by laniczech (see edit history)