xisto Community
Vagodeoz

Dvd Copying Software?

Wich program do you suggest for copying dvds?Another thing that I need: I don't know if it's legal or not, but my mom brought me some dvds when she was in spain, so they are Zone 2, and here we use zones 1 and 4, so our dvd player doesn't read them. Can I copy a dvd and make it region free?Thanks.

I don't know for certain, because I don't have it, but I would try Nero. The link I gave you takes you to the list of features provided in Nero 6 (I believe they are all provided). Check and see if this has everything you need.
I will keep searching for a freeware version for you, and let you know if I find anything.

Nero should be the best one among those CD/DVD burning software. However, these burning software only allow you to copy copyrighted discs.

Try DVD Region+CSS Free at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. I am using this one and It is quite good (you could say excellent).

So the solution is:
- Install Nero and DVD Region+CSS Free
- Run DVD Region+CSS Free (it supports Nero)
- Run Nero and copy whatever DVDs you'd like

Cheers

You can also try downloading some freeware at download.com or just run a google search for the software. U can also try Dr. DivX to copy the DVD and then choose to burn them onto a DVD. There is another software called cloneDVD where u can copy the VOB files as it is then burn them using your favourite burner. U will have to download another add-on for this software to copy encrypted discs.-OR-U should have bought a DVD player which plays discs of any region.

U should have bought a DVD player which plays discs of any region.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... the problem is when I got back from school my mother told me "I bought a DVD player". I always advicer her in that kind of stuff but she rushed buying it...

About DVD Region+CSS Free, I don't have it. I used to, but now I use AnyDVD, wich is pretty much the same.

I'll try that about burning it with Nero, I'll tell you the results.

Thanks a lot.

Oh, and one more thing: In a DVD, what is zone protected? The VOB files themselves? the format in wich the dvd is recorded?

Oh, another thing I need. I'm backing up everything on dvds, even making backup copies of my movies dvds. The problem is some of them are more than 5 gigs of size. Wich app can I use to make it smaller?I tried DVDXCopy but the final result sux. It looks like if it had 3 fps.

Wich program do you suggest for copying dvds?

Another thing that I need: I don't know if it's legal or not, but my mom brought me some dvds when she was in spain, so they are Zone 2, and here we use zones 1 and 4, so our dvd player doesn't read them. Can I copy a dvd and make it region free?

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, to copy dvds you can use DVDShrink it´s freeware. Most comercial dvd´s are doublelayer media and not easy to copy. You also need the Program ANYDVD, you can download a trial here. This Program will bypass the copy protection and cuts all the annoying trailers and advertising. I copy all my dvds with these progs and didn´t got any problems with quality.

can any of these programs rip a dvd to mp3's, because i just bought a U2 dvd, but i want to have the cd too, so can i rip the dvd to mp3 with losing the video, so i can put it on a cd with any of these programs? thnkas! (guess what i meant)

I tried DVD Shrink (wich also has a built in feature of making a DVD region free) but it stills won't play on the dvd player...I guess it's becouse it's on PAL format, and here we use NTSC.Would anyone happen to know a program to re encode a dvd from PAL to NTSC?

for converting any media format into any other media format, have a look at transcode from sourceforge.its open source :(If you dont know how to use the keyboard, there are plenty of frontends for it too.