xisto Community
scab_dog

Google Engine On Your Site! How to get on your site

Everyone ate Xisto

How do you get google on your site, How do you get google search engine on your site so you can search you site.

From

.::DAMAN::.

Hey i was thinking about the same thing when i visited this link. Now that makes two of us. It would be really helpful if i could do something like that for my "proposed website" ;-)

There's something called Google API (Application Programming Interface) - just google for it. You've to signup at their site or if you've got a gmail account already I think you can bypass the signup procedure. Anyways, get the google API and read the documentation included with it.. It's got pretty decent samples of how to integrate google web-search into your page - to search both the www as well as your local site. That should solve your prob. :)Try it and let me know if it worked out for you.. All the best :(

Thanks a lot guys for your quick reply...i copied the code and it did work!! This place is really amazing..beats all the other forums out there...keep it up!!

You could try Google Adsense aswell if you want a google search engine on your site... so you can have a personalised full working google search engine only for you and your site :) You can even make money with adsense by putting up small "Ad boxes" on your site and relying on your visitors on clicking them and making u money $$$ ..Hope i helped you ... i know you just wanted to make ur site visible to the google "spider" bots but you can try this ... :(

All I can reccomend to you is that you make sure you use Meta Tags on all of your pages, and avoid any pages that are blank or don't relate to your Meta tags, also make sure you use the Google submit page in your CPanel... :mellow:

Upon entering this topic, I was assuming that you wanted a google search bar to google anything. Just as if you went to https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl and searched for it. Lol of course you want it on your site too, so you coulde google the conten within your site. That makes sense now =). Thanks for the responses guys, that would come in fairly handy.

I just wanted to check if you others experienced that too, when putting the Google-Adsense-Site and websearch on your site. For me it just doesn't work as well as the normal search. For a random search term I get 5 times less as many results. This really sucks, why should one use this then? Do you know what could be wrong?(You can check it out on my profile website)