xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arunkumarhg

Cd -rippers CD -Rippers

Actually iTunes does a pretty good job of ripping CDs. I use it most of the time on my Mac, not too sure whether the Windows version does the same thing...

Most windows computers ship with Windows Media Player, which can rip CD tracks from your CDs. But this software converts only to wma format, so if you want the more popular mp3 format, then I guess Windows Media Player is not very useful.And I agree that Winamp is a great mp3 player.

Try this one: dbpoweramp.comIt the best one I have seen. You can batch convert files with just double click, and when you are ripping a cd, using an internet database, it copies the songs with their real names and tags.

i am using audiogogo 2.0 ( http://www.audiogogo.prv.pl/ ) for ripping my CDs, and it's great. In fact, this program is very simmiliar to audiograbber, so you can check them both, and choose the one, that's better for you.to convert my files i ALWAYS use DBPowerAMP http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ awesome. i didn't find anything better, and I'm even don't looking for.

I reckon Easy CD-DA Extractor is worth to try (https://www.poikosoft.com/). It supports audio file formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, Windows Media Audio 8, Windows Media Audio 9, Windows Media Audio 9.1, Ogg Vorbis, MP4, M4A, AAC, FLAC, Musepack, VQF, WAV, AIFF, Monkey's Audio, and Shorten. Also, the Nero Digital (Nero AAC) is supported if you have the Nero Burning ROM installed on your computer.

Here are some highlighted features:

Rips Audio CD's

High performance CD-ripping

Copies "Copy-Protected" CD's

Reads badly scratched CD's

Download disc data from the freedb

Advanced sound processing

Supports CD-Text

Supports ID3, ID3V2, and other format specific metadata

Converts audio files from one format to another

Convert audio files from a format to another

Advanced sound processing

Supports ID3, ID3V2, and other format specific metadata

Creates Audio CD's

Writes Audio CD's that are compatible with all CD-players

Writes CD-Text

Supports Cue Sheet (.cue) files

Supports buffer underrun prevention technologies

For linux there is also [RipperX], as I see you don't said what system you have, so this is fair to post also some alternatives... :)