xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Colamusic

Fading Text

1. Open up any background or make a new one.user posted image2. Add whatever text you want to it.user posted image3. Duplicate the text layer 4 times. There should be five layers of the same text now. Change the opacity of each layer so that each text layer is 20% less opacity than the one below it. (Most bottom text layer would have 100%, the one on top should have 80%, the next one should have 60%, and so on. The topmost layer should be 20%.)user posted image4. Now, you are ready for ImageReady. Jump to ImageReady (Shift+Ctrl+M). The animation palette shoud be open. If not, go to Window > Animation.user posted imageDuplicate the frame until there is 9 frames.user posted image5. Hightlight the first frame and make all the text frames invisible.user posted imageHightlight, the second frame and make all the text frames invisible except the one with 20% opacity. The third frame should only have the text layer with 40% opacity. The fourth frame should have the text frame with 60% opacity. Go all the way until the sixth frame with 100% opacity.Now for the seventh frame, use only the text frame with the 80% opacity. The next set of frames would have the text layers with decreasing opacity (60%, 40%, 20%). The ast/ninth layer should have the text layer with the 20% opacity.6. Change the speed for each frame to 0.1 second except the first and sixth frame, which should be 0.5 second. Click play to test it out.user posted image7. Go to File > Save Optimized As… and save.Here is my final product. Enjoy!user posted image

i can see what you are doing on the images. i think fireworks automatically does this for you, it also saves so much time doing it little by little, when you can do it a maximum of maybe one minute flat!anyways! welcome to Xisto! hopefully you can get your free hosting afterwards!

You know, isn't it easier if you use Flash instead of Fireworks? and cooler too you know. Fireworks is based on a 7 frames per second (default CAN be altered)animation. In this case if you want a really cool looking fadeout text you should use Flash. In my opinion, Fireworks would be used with Photoshop to make SIMPLE animation graphics. Just those which only need about 3 frames you know? and loops too. Other than that Fireworks would be another normal graphics editor/creator. Nothing more.