xisto Community
ignition

Mercenaries: Playground Of Destruction XBox

I bought Mercenaries the day it came out, and just finished beating it through the second time.

I can honestly say that this is the best console game I have played - ever. The gameplay is very polished, and extremely fun. You are a Mercenary, in a Playground of Destruction. You can do whatever the hell you want to do - run around in the giant maps and kill pedestrians, run over them in cars, jack tanks or helipcopters, blow up buildings, call in airstrikes, plant C4 under cars and watch them shoot up like rockets, etc.

It takes the GTA series' freeform gameplay to the next level, and lets you do pretty much whatever you want. This is one of the only games I can think of in which I have asked to myself if I could do "x", and then be able to do. This game is simply amazing..if you don't have it I highly reccomend buying it. The best XBOX game by far Posted Image

Happy destoying and cheers! :D

-ignition

Oh yea..sorry lol. It's for both PS2 and Xbox, forgot to say that. My mistake! :(I've visited a lot of Mercenaries boards though, and everyone says that the XBox version has about twice as good of framerate (60 as opposed to aroudn 30) and the XBox version looks better in general - better graphics, longer distance fog, and much less load times.Well..I'm sure it'd be fun on the ps2 also!ENjoy and cheers :)-ignition

Its great how its long and open and how you can do pretty much anything. I like flying the helicopters and making random assaults on NK bases. I also like the fact that when I'm driving down the road there could be a skirmish anywhere that I'd get drawn into. That made it cool. But I thought it was strange how the "barracks" for the enemies could not be blown up, NKs would just keep pouring out of the door. So it really makes the whole skirmish useless and pointless and more like a waste of time.

hmm, i heard the mercenaries were based on "Executive Outcomes" a now disbanded group of Special Forces that mostly composed of former special forces in South Africa. It's very interesting to me lol.i played soem of it, but i like GTA better, even tho i only played the demo. the concept is good, but it's not that fun to me. :)

hmm, i heard the mercenaries were based on "Executive Outcomes" a now disbanded group of Special Forces that mostly composed of former special forces in South Africa. It's very interesting to me lol.

i played soem of it, but i like GTA better, even tho i only played the demo. the concept is good, but it's not that fun to me. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i never heard about the game being related to Executive Outcomes, thats kinda kool if it happens to be true.

how can you relate this game to GTA? in Mercs you drive tanks, helicopters and destroy buildings and in GTA you pick up hookers and kick the crap outta people with a screwdriver(lol). not really fair to compare the two

You play as one of three mercenaries working for a company called Executive Operations

They are basicly like the security contractors in Iraq now. Except in the game they are obviously not bound to the same stuff that applies to the contractors.

By the way I got that quote from gamespot.

These are the times when I hate I don't have an XBox. I'm waiting for Xbox 360.

I found this game really boring and lifeless. I played it for a couple of hours over two days and just found i was doing pretty much the same thing over and over again. I prefer GTA to it as your changing the missions each time.Obviously this is my opinion.

I bought Mercenaries the day it came out, and just finished beating it through the second time.

I can honestly say that this is the best console game I have played - ever.  The gameplay is very polished, and extremely fun.  You are a Mercenary, in a Playground of Destruction.  You can do whatever the hell you want to do - run around in the giant maps and kill pedestrians, run over them in cars, jack tanks or helipcopters, blow up buildings, call in airstrikes, plant C4 under cars and watch them shoot up like rockets, etc.

It takes the GTA series' freeform gameplay to the next level, and lets you do pretty much whatever you want.  This is one of the only games I can think of in which I have asked to myself if I could do "x", and then be able to do.  This game is simply amazing..if you don't have it I highly reccomend buying it.  The best XBOX game by far Posted Image

Happy destoying and cheers! B)

-ignition

1064294235[/snapback]

That pretty much sums it up. The best console game so far. The great thing about it is the AI and physics. Sometimes the AI is really smart(sneaks up on you) but other times its hilariously dumb. I mean, atank rides up in front of me, I start freaking out, and then, for no reason at all, it drives into a river and explodes. Now, I think I' gonna go play Mercenaries right now.

I've been hearing alot of buzz about this game and I'm wondering if its strictly reccommended for a rental or buy. If it has equally depth of GTA then it sounds to me like a game to buy since I'm the type to take my time in a big game like that. So far I'm hearing a ton about the gameplay but how is the story line? Either way gameplay is enough for me but a good story is always plus.