xisto Community
MrBond

Goldeneye 64 The first FPS Bond game

Has anyone here ever played Goldeneye 64 for the N64 bt Rare?The game is a classic, saying to be the best FPS of all time by some critics.What do you think if you've played it?I think that it was a major breakthrough in gaming. One of the first FPS's on the N64, and one of the most successful games of all time. I still run into people today who claim that it was the best Bond game and the best game.The graphica were poor, the sound was alright, but the gameplay was terrific. The reason why any game is good is because of it's gameplay, and this game had it all.What do you think about the game?

Graphics? Poor? They were as good as you could get back then :DYes, it is in every way a classic and one of the best N64 games released by far, with the exception of the Zelda games.I still have an N64, though I haven't played Goldeneye in quite some time.There are a couple total conversions coming out in 2005 for the game Unreal Tournament 2004, which are going to basically copy goldeneye directly to the Unreal engine - just something to look out for :DCheers!ignition

goldeneye 64 was one of the best games on the nintendo 64.it was also one of the most popular games.when it was released, it had some of the best graphics ever seen. the characters seemed to move in a very fluid realistic manner. the enemies were also pretty fun to play against due to their pretty good ai.the levels were also a lot of fun. some of them were suprisingly like the movie.the game also had a lot of weapons. some of them were conventional like pistols, submachine guns, assault rifles, granades. some of them were very creative like lasers. many of the weapons could also be held in duel mode with one in each hand.the sound was very good too. it had music similar to what was in the movies. the sound effects for the weapons and explosions were very good too. one of the best features about the game was the multiplayer. it could have up to four player split screen. then the players could battle it out on a number of maps and levels. they could also play as character models from the game. this was partly what made the game extremely popular. although 4 player split screen isnt a big deal today, when the game was released it was very neat.overall, goldeneye 64 was one of the best bond games, and best games on the nintendo 64.

Yea I agree, I remember most about the game was the multiplayer. After one intense night of multiplayer action, the next morning my dad told me he heard me talking in my sleep saying, "Yes, I have the Golden Gun"

The graphics, sound, and gameplay where the best back when N64 was the best system out. It still is fun to play but there are new and better ones out so I never play it anymore.

yeh this was the best multiplayer game i ever played! i always played it every single week when i came out onto the nintendo 64 at my friends house. i didnt own the nintendo 64.when me and my mates plays it we always go for the golden gun. once someone has that they can kill! we cannot fight him with our normal guns. only one shot of the golden gun and your dead.stopped playing this now... tried playing it game, but it wasnt as good as before. maybe beacause of the new graphics making it look rubbish. looking back it looks really blocky and stuff.loved it when two people are out of ammo or weapon less at the beginning and we just start slapping each other to death. those days are the good old days. no game is like this any more...

It certainly was the best multiplayer game ever released for the N64.I remember the most common scenario that I played with my friends was proximity mines in the temple. You quickly learned to watch the other players screens and watch to make sure they aren't booby traping the amunition boxes.Just a few months ago my little brother discovered cheats that you can activate while in the level. I never beat the cradel on 00 Agent, and with those I easily did along with other levels I wasn't able to beat on 00 Agent.All the other James Bond games don't compare with Goldeneye, which is disappointing, I'd like to see something come out soon.

I think this is actually one of my favorite Console games of ALL times. Just everything it did was unheard of. The gameplay was nice, the strory was nice, the graphics were the best for the N64 Ive seen. Just nothing better that i can see, atleast for the N64. Ahh, I miss that old thing.. Actually.. Goldeneye is about 10 feet away from me... Just the cartridge tho. I can find my N64 video cord part thing..and my gamecube one doesnt work. My power one does tho. Oh well...

Man I loved Goldeneye for the N64, in fact I wanted it so badly that I had to buy the Pikachu N64 (The one with a pokemon on the front of it) console because the other colours were sold out. I still play it today thinking it is possibly the best FPS I have played!!

I still play it on my PC using an emulator. Playing it with a mouse and keyboard makes it even better... Graphics-wise, it looks as good if not better than any PC FPS from that general time period. I like how it has a mix of mindless blasting and tactical elements. Moderns shooters seem to be either/or, with no good combo games. BTW, if you like Goldeneye 64, then also check out Perfect Dark, another great espianoge shooter from Rare. Except you play a hot chick in PD :rolleyes:

oh man.. I've lost countless hours of sleep playing that gameespecially multiplayer... the N64 was probably my favorite consoleand bond games are my favoritewhen you put those two together...it's amazing

Your right about the sound and gfx, BUT not for that time, for the time when 007-64 came out the graphics were the best out there, (becides hl although hl wasnt even planned to be a console game since they are strictly online play and single play.) goldeneye which was followed by the amazing game Perfect dark were probaly the best fps for consoles ever to come out, and the best ones that will ever come out. Some people say halo is the best fps to come out for a console BUT the problem with halo 2 and halo 1 is that it is WAY WAY to easy golden eye and perfect dark on the hardest modes were almost impossable which made the game good because it took skill to beat, and on the easiest modes it even took 1-2 days to get past, some times even longer (there are people making mods for perfect dark and goldeneye for HL2) not to mention perfect dark had one of the most revolutionary playing styles in which before and after certian missions you could go into the main base and do extra training in which you would get a new gadget, skill, or weapon (the laptop turret was my favorite) that you could use to make the missions easier. thoes games were the best fps console games, and probaly will be untill rare gets summoned by Microsoft, to do more than to only be used to make crappy cell shaded spinoffs of Rares once wonderful franchise (perfect dark) M-soft bought out the company RARE games, Rare made Donkey kong, which since its a nintendo trademark it is now made from new guys which only make konga games and not regular donkey games. But they also, as stated before, created the revolutionary games Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark) Until next time I'm killer008r saying "Microsoft saved the world from playing more wonderful games made by Rare, Good Job Microsoft, You Should Feel Proud Of Your Self."

Man that game was so amazing back in the day. I used to love it and play everyday. When the 64 came out, I was one of the first people to get one and one of the games was Goldeneye. All of my friends and people I didn't know would come over everyday to play it. I used to love using those proximity mines and barracadeing rooms. Most the time I ended up killing myself though, but it brought me bundles of joy in the end.