xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chiiyo

.rmvb And .wmv Convertors Convert to .mpg, .mov or .avi

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone would know any freeware that can convert .rmvb files to either .mpg, .mov or .avi files? I have a file in .rmvb format that I can't watch because it's not supported on my system...Also, does anyone know how to convert .wmv files in the wmv4 codec into any of the three formats mentioned above? Macs can't play the wmv4 codec, apparently.Thank you for any suggestions! I don't mind programs that are Windos-based, I can get my friend to help me, but it seems pretty hard to find any freeware that can do the above on either platform...

i've downloaded a file with that extension, i was able to watch that file with real player, it has (or have i don't remember what verb to use lol, grrr my bad english :( ) a free version that u can download for watching the file :) it worked for me.

Thanks chaos, your english is fine, it is "has", so you were right.I know real player can watch it, but I don't want to install real player on my mac, I'd rather convert the file to a format like .avi. Is there any software that does that?

By the way if anyone else was looking for the convertor and stuff, the first link that Brian gave, if you use it, it will have a nag message in your converted video, right smack in the middle of the video, for the entire length of the video. O_o. Which is not-so-good. Going to try out the second link now. Once gain, thank you, Brian.