xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Preston1405241484

Yahoo's Lawsuit

I think X-Fire is one of America's Army add-on if I'm not wrong? I've seen it before but uninstalled it since my exams were closing in. Oh, I just Google-d it and found what it's exactly all about...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by PC Astray (see edit history)

XFire is a gaming instant messenger, used mainly for the purpose of seeing what games your friends are playing, and joining them in the exact server witout ever opening the game or going to a server browser. I'm not going to describe it in detail, but you can read more on the site.I personally don't use it much anymore (I'm not a fan of instant messengers, no matter how useful they are) but I think the lawsuit by Yahoo is *BLEEP*. XFire didn't copy or use any of their stuff...I agree that Yahoo probably just wants the Xfire technology :D

Well, you can't help it when Yahoo! is a multi-billion giant company. What hope does any small company has against such big companies? Yahoo! is abusing its position here, it seems.

Well, you can't help it when Yahoo! is a multi-billion giant company. What hope does any small company has against such big companies? Yahoo! is abusing its position here, it seems.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's pretty pointless to go against those corp's... they can afford the best lawyers, and sadly for some reason that is a determining factor in court... But heh, if Yahoo files a complaint about X-Fire, then why not against MSN :D I mean, they're new features in the MSN messenger 7 (the Nudge, which is exactly the same as the Yahoo Buzz but is called nudge LOL - the audibles (yahoo name) and MSN has a VERY similar feature)

It's a sad thing, money determines how successful you can be as company, especially the money BEHIND the business, if you don't have good funds to start off from, it will be an extremely hard task... :D

Yeah, I hope Xfire do although Yahoo dont really do too much bad things like MSN and Google (Occasionally) but when I saw the Nudge feature I wondered if Yahoo had made an effort to argue over it, Buzz is still better though :D

This spirited discussion reminds me of Microsoft which is also a company that is often accused of abusing its position and large amount of money to 'bully' other small companies. Dont you think so?

Hi,

What actually X-Fire is, can any one gimme the Links to know  more about the X-Fire, is something like X-Box (of Micro$oft)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The answer hase been given be4 you asked so .. read through the topic pls :(

XFire is a gaming instant messenger, used mainly for the purpose of seeing what games your friends are playing, and joining them in the exact server witout ever opening the game or going to a server browser.  I'm not going to describe it in detail, but you can read more on the site.

I personally don't use it much anymore (I'm not a fan of instant messengers, no matter how useful they are) but I think the lawsuit by Yahoo is *BLEEP*.  XFire didn't copy or use any of their stuff...I agree that Yahoo probably just wants the Xfire technology :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yahoo! is getting greedy and the result of theyr greed is the X-Fire lawsuit that would have no legal stand in other countryes but.. in america... yahoo could actually win an idiotic and illegal lawsuit ...

S**t hapens !!

lol...The only reason yahoo doesn't go up against msn for the nudge feature is because as moonwitch said...."Money is a determining factor in court" or something like that...Msn has more money...Espicialy since they have merged with sympatico, and have freaking microsoft to back them up!There's no way yahoo would go up against that.As to the current Xfire situation...If xfire stole any technologie from yahoo at all it's probably nothing big...Just some of the code for the chat system.But I'm pretty sure they haven't stolen anything...And that yahoo just wants to own Xfire. Although I really don't see a point to yahoo using xfire considering it's not yahoos style, and they would need to do some renovating to even get the service working for them (buy more servers)I think yahoos just bored and see's ez pickings for money.The basterds.

Yahoo just doesen't want to work anymore they want to "Steal" technology and not develope it .. and about

lol...The only reason yahoo doesn't go up against msn for the nudge feature is because as moonwitch said...."Money is a determining factor in court" or something like that...

Msn has more money...Espicialy since they have merged with sympatico, and have freaking microsoft to back them up!

There's no way yahoo would go up against that.

As to the current Xfire situation...If xfire stole any technologie from yahoo at all it's probably nothing big...Just some of the code for the chat system.

But I'm pretty sure they haven't stolen anything...And that yahoo just wants to own Xfire.  Although I really don't see a point to yahoo using xfire considering it's not yahoos style, and they would need to do some renovating to even get the service working for them (buy more servers)

I think yahoos just bored and see's ez pickings for money.

The basterds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yahoo doesen't take up mns because .. yahoo just has better technology...let's say that if not for microsoft msn would be kinda ... unpopular and pour... for certain yahoo is richer than msn... so if msn would break off microsoft yahoo would "eat" them.

X-Fire is an instant messenger client, server lister, and downloading manager compressed into one.It is used when say Steam's Friends feature doesn't. And believe me this is often. It takes the place of glitchy software, and makes it a world more simplier.It serves as an instant messenger. It has some functionality such as telling your friend what game you are in, the IP to connect to that game, the game he/she is playing, and so on. It is very versitille.It also serves as a server listing. It searches the list of server of any game, and it is rather quick. It is a very handy feature, but if you try to connect through the server from X-Fire, it can be a hassle. The downloading manager is a feeder for upcomming demos, patches, etc. It is not that handy...Although X-Fire is a new emerging technology, it in no way infringes Yahoo's copyrights.Its instant messanger can be, but it is not patented so. If it were, Microsoft, AOL, and many other instant messenger clients would be sued. This is not the case.Also, it is a vendor for games. It extracts server listings, download games, etc. Although Yahoo does serves as a multi-media headquarters, as X-Fire does, it does not hold the rights to that particular idea.I think Yahoo is attempting to scam a small business from its technology.If Yahoo capitalises on a technology like X-Fire in the feature, I would not be surprised...On a lighter note, I think Yahoo has stepped off from their alleged claim.I think the case is off now.