xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ignition

Website For A Css Clan

These guys wanted a simple, easy to navigate layout for their clan site.

They are going to get some "real" paid hosting soon, and a .com domain, but for now they are using a subdomain of my Xisto account.

I made the layout and coded it using Photoshop and notepad. Remember, the main purpose of this site is for a splash screen to intro into their forums, rather than navigating around other pages :D

I may make a real splash screen for that though, similar to the one on MY page.

Comments/criticism appreciated:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

---------------------------------------------------------

Wrong forum - this should go to Website Reviews. Moved.

m^e

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

ugh! yuck! bleurch! *pukes all over his computer*

sorry, i'll clean it up myself... it's a nice site, but the times new roman just makes me sick... Posted Image

i like it, how long did it take for you to make the template (just the images)?

anyway, tell scott about the <font> tag and it will look good :D

ugh! yuck! bleurch! *pukes all over his computer*

sorry, i'll clean it up myself... it's a nice site, but the times new roman just makes me sick... Posted Image

i like it, how long did it take for you to make the template (just the images)?

anyway, tell scott about the <font> tag and it will look good :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for commenting on the layout Posted Image

As for the font, well I always leave it at default. I always forget about messing with <font face=> ...but yea Times New Roman isn't that good. Telling me that doesn't help much though....do you have any suggestions for a font that WOULD look good on the site? (a default windows font, that is) :D

well, ofcourse you could do microsoft sans serif, used for the Gooooogle Ads too, or verdana, arial, tahoma, helvetica, and more, but i think you could best find a nice font, doesnt matter if it is default or not, there is this method that allows you to add your own fonts, you just got to put them on your site, i will write a tutorial for that, today or tomorrow i will add it.

LOL, I misread the title as CSS Website for Clan - meaning I thought you meant Cascacading StyleSheets as opposed to Counter Strike Source. I was about to eat you up for claiming your site was a CSS website!That being said, I can't say your website is great. I really hate the use of iframes with a passion. They are messy and very inaccessible. I also hate the use of tables for layout but that is the dowside of Photoshop.Basically I could build your website with 4 images, that would load faster. Now, I am not saying your website is great, I'm just stating that it is terribly inefficient. If you put your links as normal text with a background image of a repeated gradient, it will load up in seconds. I would recommend you reading into advantages and disadvantages of using CSS. Whe someone suggested you change the font to verdana or tahoma, with CSS you can do that by changing on word of text. In the ed it will save you time, bandwidth and alot of sore headaches.

I think it's kinda niceBut the home button opens a new window. And that is not good.And you should change Counter Strike Source til Counter Strike: Source in the title

Thanks for the font suggestions, and others Posted Image

I'm not going to change to much though, especially not the layout. That would take way to much time, when they probably don't even care about the homepage that much :D

Their original site was a Geocities one, with a black background and some red text links on it. Yuck - I gave them something better, at least :D

hey, i came along your site again, just to see how exactly the template worked, and saw you changed the font ("not that anyone cares") well, i care! :)

It is very sleek, simple, and to the point. I enjoy how the layout is in the center so it is easier on the eyes, and it looks very dynamic though you have used little colour. I love it =D