xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Josh_Jpn

A Button That Senses The Mouse FLASH TUTORIAL : MOUSE ROLLOVER EFFECTS

Creating a button that senses the mouse and then expands.Requirement:Flash MXStep 1:Open a new document.In the actions for frame 1 of layer name layer 1 type:menutriggerdist=150;menumaxscale=300;menumultiplier=1.5;This control how and when the mouse interacts with button. Once you have completed all the steps, change them around and see how each one changes the effect.Step 2:Cntl+f8 (Insert --> New Symbol)Click on new movie click, call it Ibutton.In the frist frame create your image or whatever you want the mouse to interact with , to make it easy you can just type some text in the center of the frame.Step 3:Go back to the scene 1Press f11(Window --> library) to bring up your library and then drag Ibutton movie clip onto your pageStep 4:Click on Ibutton and then in the actions for Ibutton type the following:on (press) { // Gives your movie a button functions getUrl("http://forums.xisto.com/;);}on (rollOver) { this._alpha=100;}on (rollOut) { this._alpha=25; }//sets event to mousemove or your button won't operate properly.onClipEvent (mouseMove) {//calculates distance from mouse to movie clipdist=Math.sqrt(Math.pow(Math.abs(_xmouse),2)+Math.pow(Math.abs(_ymouse), 2));// if within a certain distance, triggerdistance, then start changing the clips scale if (dist<=_root.menutriggerdist) { currscale=(1-(dist/(_root.menumultiplier*_root.menutriggerdist)))*(_root.menumaxscale-100); this._xscale = currscale; this._yscale = currscale; // if outside of triggerdistance, then make the scale equal to 100 } else { this._xscale = 100; this._yscale = 100; }}Step 5:Test your new button

Thanks alot for the info. Of course since it's obvious what I am trying to do here I would still like to show that your information is appreciated. It's quantity and quality that matters here... anyways, your work hasn't gone out unnoticed.

Flash tutorialA Button That Senses The Mouse

I'm loking for Flash tutorial how to play the movie when mouse pressed down (click) please if some one can help me to write the code for thatThanl you

-question by agnie

I need step by step on placing my whale picture on my stage as my upstage then when I hover or mouse over it enlarges, but I need it for Flash CS4.

Can you help. Need fast, have to turn in project by next week.

rocki

Keywords: step by step tutorial on creating pic buttons that enlarge on hover in flash