xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NilsC

A Little Tidbit About Google Security Exchange Comission

If you look down on the "Proposed Maximum Aggregate Offering Price (1)(2)" that Google filed with "SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION" the excact value of the offering have a significance to Math "geeks"

The number is also known as "Euler's number", which is used as the base for natural logarithms. :D

Its know as the mathematical constant e.

the number is $2,718,281,828

Form S-1 on file with SEC Scroll down to the first set of numbers below the "Bold text" :D

Nils

Holy cow. That is INDEED Euler's number. How on earth did you come across that ? Sooooo... google probably picked that figure as their lucky charm eh ? Well nothing could have been more appropriate I guess. Now I know, when I start off a company I'm going to put in a figure similar to that of PI's value as my capital investment :D

wow... cool. no wonder google is the biggest search engine...for those who don't know.. euler's number is strange number which signifie many things.. from stuff ranging to astronomy to the human body. its like a huge coincidence..

Eulers number turning up in random places is only amuch of a coincidence as the speed of light turning up in random equaltionslike E=mc^2 (energy = speed squared times speed of light )

Eulers number turning up in random places is only amuch of a coincidence as the speed of light turning up in random equaltions

like E=mc^2 (energy = speed squared times speed of light )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D I don't know how sarcasting you're trying to be, but thats not really a "coincidence"....

And as for Goolge using e, thats (probably) not a coincidence either.... Google just did it 'cause it was cool! Like when I have to choose a number between 1 and 10, I say 3.1415926....

BTW: NilsC, good eye! :D

Google really is a company that has a culture of doing things the uncconventional way, isn't it? No wonder it can come up with new innovations and technology quickly. The guys at Google are really creative.

If at basis we (humans that is) were mathematically more talented, like so that we'd know quite lot of mathematics right when we are born (ie. math would be like breathing to us) we'd probably use Euler's number as the base number in our numerical system, instead of number of our fingers. My physics teacher used to like to preach about that and I kinda believe him. :D