xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
qwijibow

De-multiplexing. need help converting mpeg audio, to ac3

EDIT:then let me re-phrase the question, i am having trouble converting an mpeg with audio, into an mpeg without audio, and a seperate ac3 audio file.the porgram i am using to do this is called mpgtx (from source forge)its just an ac3 encoder / mpeg decoder.the process is called DE-Multiplexing. basically, the reverse of multiplexing.need to start with an mpg, and finish with a .m2v and a .mp2mpgtx reports no errors, but creates corrupt ac3 audio (the .mp2 file), cauing mplayer to crash.with the error "Failed CRC check" in other words, corrupt ac3 audio.note to below: like i said before the edit, im resotreing a damaged disk, not making a copy (yes its open to intepretation) and im not sure about america, but there is nothing illegal about it in the UK. especially when for all intents and purposes, the origonal is destroyed.

What you are asking for you will not find here. The reason as you know is it’s illegal to copy commercial DVDs. You may have good intensions but you are not the only person who will see a post describing how this is done. There are a lot of websites that provide this kind of information and for someone to post their links here is also against regulations. Sorry!

DVD riping is illegal, im not asking about dvd riping, im asking about somthing completely seperate, Multiplexing / De-multi plexing. its a method of converting one format into anouther... like converting a mp3 to a wmv. which is totally harmless.anyways, im in danger of starting a debate here, so im locking this thread (evn though i started it, i know)if you have any experiance with mpgtx on the AMD64 send me a pm or somthing, thanks.