xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chaosx2x

Free Hosting Question :p

i didn't understand a thing, if i get the hosting u decrease my hosting credit by 5o and it's ok.but i don't understand how many credits for day where decreased to maintain the hosting :DP.S. always excuse me for my bad english :D

Here's how it works:

You get a certain number of hosting credits which directly depends on the quantity & quality of posts you made on this board. The board employs a very advanced credit system that checks your posts for keywords/links/quotes/number of words and weighs out your post against a scale to allot you a certain number of hosting credits. Quoting other sites/articles/posts will get you far less credits than coming up with some unique post on your own. One line posts literally don't get you any credits while a good tutorial might get you over 10 credits in ONE Post only.

In case you're spamming/copying/plagiarising from other sites your credits can get reduced drastically (done by the mods or the automated system) and you might end up loosing your hosting too.

For every real world day that passes by exactly 1 credit is deducted from your hosting credits total. Thus, if you've got around 15-20 hosting credits, you can be sure your account wouldn't get suspended even if you take off for 2 weeks - that'll deduct only 14 credits from your account.

On the other hand, when you request a starter or upgrade package - 10 & 50 hosting credits are chopped off at one go. But this is the only time when your hosting credits get reduced in a big bulk. Take this as a virtual currency that you're using to pay for your hosting. Once you've got your upgrade package at 50 posts (and account deducted by 50 credits) - your credits will never dip down by more than 1 per day.

Only time your hosting credits can dip below ZERO and become negative is if you've been inactive for too long and your credits (automatically reduced by 1 everyday) falls below zero and then goes into the negative domain. In such a case your hosting account will be suspended. You've to come back and make 4-5 good posts to pull it out of the negative region to say, +ve 5-6 hosting credits. If you do so, within a short period (less than a day) your hosting account will get re-activated automatically again.

Last but not the least, keep in mind that certain forums on this board are marked as "NO POST COUNTS. Posting in these forums WILL NOT increase your post count or increase the HOSTING CREDITS either. Do not go about wondering why your post count/hosting credit didn't shoot up after posting in these forums. Examples are: The Lobby, Life Talk, Music, TEST etc.

Hope this helps :D

P.S. Don't worry about bad english, as long as your messages are clear and legible.

If you've got 50 credits you should make some more posts and get yourself about 70 credits. Then apply for a starter package at first immediately followed up by an upgrade - if that's what you want :D You'll be able to get the full blown account immediately.All the best :D

If you've got 50 credits you should make some more posts and get yourself about 70 credits. Then apply for a starter package at first immediately followed up by an upgrade - if that's what you want :D You'll be able to get the full blown account immediately.

All the best :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uhm...so i need 60 hosting credit for getting the second package(starter and then upgrade?)? i thought that only fifty credits needed -.- but maybe i don't understand what u are saying ;) can u repeat me please?

Ya you're quite right. You need 10 for the starter package and an additional 50 (so 10+50 = 60 total credits) for the upgrade. I said 70 because those extra 10 credits will go towards keeping your account alive initially. Otherwise if you apply with just 60 - immediately after getting upgrade your account will dip down to ZERO :D so there....

I think what is confusing him micro is the credits and good posts. What he really needs to understand is he will get hosted for ten (10) good posts and an up grade for fifty (50) good posts.The credits are to keep him from being suspended. The reason for the credit system is, some people get the free hosting then don’t post any more because they got what they wanted. The credit system keeps you posting.But on the other hand good credits can get you hosted also, like micro said.Of course management can intervene and make decisions to grant wishes or not to. :D