xisto Community
Vagodeoz

Gothic 2 Or Dungeon Siege?

Anyone played any of these?Gothic 2 it's a lot like morrowind, but I liked this one a lot.You can also choose guilds: Thievs, ehhh... regular people (don't remember the name) and mages.Dungeon Siege is from Microsoft :-o and it's quite awesome. You get to play with up to 7 warriors. You even can get one or two mules to take your gear :D Both games are awesome.

i have played dungeon siege it's a great game, good enviroment, and the story is also good, the one thing, not rembember so well, but i was with my warriors and weapons, but in some point i find some enemy and he has guns with lasers or something like that, i find this a little bizarre for the game, but this is a great game. Personally i never played Gothic 2, maybe now i will take a shot with this game.GreetsDeivid

I haven't played Gothic 2 - but I'm a die hard fan of Gothic 1 and have played it innumerable times over strecthes of months at a time. I admit I was kid of a Gothic freak - I liked the story line and the massive explorable world so much. I could probably guide you through Gothic 1 blindfolded and I figured out over 1001 (literally) ways to get your XP and money to the max. Am eagerly waiting to grab Gothic 2. Hows the storyline compared to the first one ?? Graphics, I know about - coz I've seen plenty of screenshots. Could you write a small review of Gothic 2 yourself including some degree of details about the storyline ?? Thanks :DCheers...Pheww... finally found someone who's played Gothic... I'd started thinking I was the only Goth around :D

I haven't played Gothic 1, but I think the storyline begins when the main character awakes (or the wizard brings him back to life, don't remember) from being under rocks for some days, wich is where I assume G1 ends.

I've not played Gothic or Gothic 2, but I've played Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna.

Dungeon siege is really interesting game, worth playing. That's all I can say :D

Also I recomend to play Neverwinter Nights. It's more difficult, longer and maybe even more interesting. It has two expansion packs (didn't beat those, becouse I decided that it should last really to long for me :D)

Check out the links I've posted to find out more.

I haven't played Gothic 1, but I think the storyline begins when the main character awakes (or the wizard brings him back to life, don't remember) from being under rocks for some days, wich is where I assume G1 ends.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite likely. End of Gothic I the main character was trying to break down an immense force-field surrounding that world - that prevented people from venturing out. In effect they were locked up in a world covered with this inverted see-through glass bowl. I guess when the barrier raptures at the end - he's thrown off and thus found lying unconcious for a few days and that's where the second story starts. Hows the second one btw ?? I've seen the graphics and like it immensely... but whats the storyline ?

Ohh you had to start this topic ... :) so Gothic 2 has benn the game that ate my days for aproximativly 2 months.. there is no part of the game i haven't exploated.... i loved this game ...Grate storyline.. grate gameplay ...and of course graphics... good game ...Has Gothic 3 been anounced... can't wait :( ...!! yupppy

xtron: Then maybe you could tell microscopic^earthling something about the storyline. I don't remember much, and I think I barely managed to act 2, so I don't know much about it.Damm... that game is really hard...Now that I remember... at the beginning of act 2, I think you have to enter a fortress or something like that, wich has a loooot of orcs all around it. I couldn't enter. Do you remember how to?

i like Dungeon Siege but i prefer Gothic 2 i dont know what it is that makes me like it more but id just rather play it, i think its because its more options and i like the characters better

I prefer Gothic 2... especially now, when we have addon - Night of the Raven... (don't know exact English title because I own olny Polish version, but this would be something like this...) the world is even bigger and we can join Pirates and Water Mages, while in basic Gothic 2, there was only one Water Mage if I remember - Coristo if I'm not wrong... but I won't recomend playing G2 without finishing G1... it's strange to great "old friends that you never met"... especialy you can get new G1 for less than 7$ - it's worth - realy... :)PS.: also can't wait for G3 - and as I know (read this somewhere, but don't remember where) when they will finish "nameless one" story (after G3) they would start MMORPG with Phonix engine (Gothic runs on it) and whole world of Gothic :(