xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chaosx2x

ATI Video Card & Black Screen

i've a problem, sometimes when i reboot my computer it boot normally but when the login must appear... the screen reamins black, i must reboot my pc 1-2 times before i can login to my computer.can anyone help me? i've tried to install many drivers but the problem wasn't solved :DMY video card is a Radeon 9600 Pro, motherboard is asus a7v880.

Sounds kind of strange as it doesn't happen everytime...Could it be that you have too high resolution and/or refresh rate? If you suspect this try with lower settings. It might also be good idea to play it safe and check if the card is properly attached to the motherboard and the fan is functional. I doubt this is the issue but its better to play it safe.

uhm...can be that my monitor does not support a refresh rate and when system reboot it want to set a refresh rate not supported?actually in my setting i've selected for windows do not display refresh rate not supported by my monitor :D i'm desperate i :D

I hav kinda the same problem. But my does it every time. I must wait about 3 min when the black screen appears. After that all go to normal and the login screen display.I have 9600 PRO and and ASUS A7V8X-X motherboardThe only thing i tried is to uninstall all usb2-drivers. It helps but then i can't use my mp3-player. 5 gb. i takes to long time then.

I hav kinda the same problem. But my does it every time. I must wait about 3 min when the black screen appears. After that all go to normal and the login screen display.

I have 9600 PRO and and ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard

The only thing i tried is to uninstall all usb2-drivers. It helps but then i can't use my mp3-player. 5 gb. i takes to long time then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not every time, sometime, for example yesterday i've turned on my pc at 7 AM, at 15 PM i decided to reboot my pc, black screen....five minutes ago i did same thing and pc rebooted normally

try getting the newest drivers for the radeon 9600 pro. 

often, updated thing drivers fixes compatability problems

if not, perhaps you can try reverting back to a previous set up on your computer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've tried with the latest ATI's driver but the problem is the same, so i've tried out the Omega drivers but nothing iss changed, i reinstalled also the Os with an OS Iso but nothing is changed yet :D perhaps it's not a software problem? maybe an hardware incompatibility?