xisto Community
Shogi

Some Of My 3D Models im still learning..

sorry if this is the wrong forum,its 3d but not animation. forum description was a little confusing.

well, ive been trying to model for a long time, but just a couple weeks ago i really got into learning to model in 3ds max, and its just suddenly started to click.

this is a brick of C4, im redoing the wires. the only primitive i used was the chamfered box ( the tan one) everything was extruded from the original primitive.

Posted Image

this next one is a concept shuriken (throwing star). i started with just a tube, then extruded and tapered the first spike, then used symmetry and clone to make the other 3.

Posted Image

this is just a dresser i made folowing a tutorial. only real challenge was the handles, which i use line and lathe for.

Posted Image

looks awesome. Keep up the good work ^_^ i've tried modeling a few times, but I always just drop it and give up lol.Nevertheless, good job on those =P

What a model! It looks so realistic (expecially the last one). I've also tried modeling before with 3Ds max. Turned out I'm not one built for modeling. I really have no patience, AND my modeling is so pathetic. I don't see how i can model at all. Szupie's "voodoo" pic looks cool too. I especially how you like your "avatar" so much you would make it walk!!

Yes, I modeled it on my own, after reading lots of tutorials online and combining them together. I wrote my own tutorial too, if you want to model something like it, you can read it here. I used character studio's biped to rig it, it's pretty nice.Oh, I didn't use Illustrator as my renderer, it's actually called Illustrate!. It renders very well.

nice! keep it up. i also is learning 3d studio max but onlu been through the program tutorials on the help menu. only great thing i made was the farrari enzo, but has no texturing at all. only modelled the shell thats all. you can see it on my website in my gallery section.your pictures are missing something in them. it just dont have the kick in them.

I don't really do textures now, because I'm making my movies with Flash. If I do textures, it'd be hard to render and import the movie into flash while keeping the file small. I also like high fps. Funny, it seems like people on this forum see fps and instantly think of First Person Shooter. I think of Frames Per Second instead.

I don't really do textures now, because I'm making my movies with Flash. If I do textures, it'd be hard to render and import the movie into flash while keeping the file small. I also like high fps. Funny, it seems like people on this forum see fps and instantly think of First Person Shooter. I think of Frames Per Second instead.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol.

I need to learn how to do real high quality renders of my stuff.

Hey, you should post some new models, i enjoyed the last ones a lot!!!!!!!My brother was amazed, jeje!!!And with my university partners we discussed the fact of pc animating, and we came to a conlusion... IS A LOT OF WORK AND TIME!!!!!!So, taking advantage of your skills, publish them so your work we'll be known

From few years experience I wanna say thats really friggin good for a beginner only few weeks in.Bump maps are your friend go add some grain grit maps like sand to it as a bump map bring it up jsut a bit not much to even tell its sand youll be amazed by it.And on the throwing star slight reflection map. I dunno how far you are into mapping but really if you get good at maps your models can suck but look amazing still.Feel free to message me if ya ened help with anything

man those are pretty good, the dresser is awesome.. I agree with kyole, your catching on pretty quick especially with 3ds max, its a tough program to learn for some people. Ive been using it for about 3 years and i still gotta lot to learn hahah. this is a character i did for my last class, im pretty proud of it.

My character

But yeah, you are on track to be pretty awesome with max, keep up the good work and keep sharing it with us :D