xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MR DWA

Rate My Logo

Eh... Depends on where you're putting it... If it's going to stand by itself like a banner, it's kinda plain... And what does DWA mean? You should include that... (if it's standing by itself)

The funny thing is that the most famous logos don't have the most techincal graphics in them. Think of Mars Bar - red whiting with a gold outline on a black surface. Coca Cola - White joined up writing on a red background. McDonalds - A large yellow M on a red background...Make something unique especially if it is going to stand on it's own, but don't necessarily go over board. A good text logo is one where if you changed the text in it but kept the style, people would still recognise.

nice logo, I'm working on text images at the moment, but I can't think of much to do. I'll create a thread and upload what I have done though, so other people can rate it.P.S. Not sure what file type it is, but the quality of the green background doesnt look to good.

yea...everything looks a bit blurry. Perhaps it is the optimized settings you chose? If not, I think you should ease up on the blurring lol ^_^

I perosonally don't like it, it just seems that the gren letters on a green background looks too bright, and whit is DWA?Dorks With Attitude (I resemble that one... :D),Defenders What Agree,Dude Who Are_you, Hey, I ran out of nifty Nick Names....Is it a clan name for a online game, is it your site name...All of these questions come up when I look at that graphic, If you can answer as many questions with as simple a graphic as possible, you are good to go.All in all I rate it about 4 out of 10.-William

apart for the blurryness (sp?) it loosk great, i have a tendancy to overcrowd pictures but i like the way you've magane to keep the image simple and neat while at the same time displaying uses of higher level graphical images.

its good. but for a logo you should go for the simple designs. logos are made to represent a business or something like that. people can just take one small glance at the logo and take it all in at once. if the logo is too techinical it will obviously take longer to memorise.so keep your logo simple and relate it to whatever your logo represents for. to help you, you can use other famous logos asa a guide to make your own one.

Well, without bashing your work, I'd have to say that a logo like that isn't terribly functional. Certainly it's stylish, colorful and shows technical prowess, but ask yourself what a logo is for.The answer is a logo is your corporate identification. It communicates who you are and what you are about. It should be able to stand alone on any background (portability), be scaleable (compatibility) and work well alone or with a combination of other graphic elements.Your logo should NOT be the most powerful image in a page. It should stand on it's own, but at the same time work with everything else around it to convey a strong sense of identity. Your logo would be difficult if not impossible to turn into a monochrome vector graphic. Let's say that down the road you want it on a vehicle. Impossible with what you've designed.A good process for logo design that I have found is to start simple. Begin with black and white then add color as necessary. Solid shapes and colors translate well on any surface or background. They are easy to manipulate, and can be output in any number of formats for portability. Adding all the glows and backgrounds and whizzy drop shadows and blur effects etc. should be the LAST part of your design (after you have a solid logo), not your goal.Given the tendency of users of modern image programs to "try out" all the bells and whistles, I caution strongly against invoking too many different effects. The end result does not justify the means and you risk subtracting from your image rather than enhancing it.Certainly, it's good work you've done. Again though... I ask you... what is it you're trying to say? And... have you managed to say that with what you've produced?Food for thought....Cheers,Phoenix :)

Well, it is kinda plain so its size. If you could add some stuff between the text, or make the text longer without ruining its quailty, that would be good. Otherwise, it is a pretty good logo. Make sure you use some green on your website or the logo will stand out.