xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kenjvalip

Bringing Back The Father Of Fps. Lets discuss old school and the past.

The first fps I played was doom. I played it on my grandmother's 486 with win 3.1. It didn't even require an accelerated graphics card. I just wish that games were like that today!

I like doom alot. I only play it in school, because we play against each other over the schools network!. We also play a spin off of Bomberman called Bomber. We love blowing each other up, and shooting each other. For a couple weeks we played Unreal Tournament 2003, but that didn't last long! I am an intern at the school so I don't get in trouble for playing these games as long as I have all my work/jobs completed. I have alot of fun playing against my classmates in the middle of the school day. It is a great way to relax. I don't know what I would do without First Person Shooters to get me through the day!!!

First FPS i played was Wolfenstein 3D. My brother showed me this game and i was too scared to play it :P ( i was ~ 6 years old ). Now i play Hl1 +mods and hl2 +mods, imma big fan of half-life : >

I haven't played that many FPS games but I used to play the ones that I did a lot. One of the first FPS game that I played was Wolfenstein 3D. I loved playing the game so much that I started getting a headache whenever I played. I also played the "Spear of Destiny", the sequel to Wolfenstein 3D. Other games that I played were Duke Nukem 3D, Quake (I & II), Hexen, Heretic and Doom I & II. If any remembers, Hexen & Heretic were magical versions of the genre. I also have "Return to Castle Wolfenstein", which is currently installed on my computer.I have a demo copy of the Unreal Tournament, as part of the package for my graphics card (Voodoo 3). I only played it once because I got bored of it after a while. Unfortunately, my system is 'too ancient' for the current FPS games like Doom III. So, I won't be playing them at this moment in time, whether I want to or not.By the way, I loved Duke Nukem 3D for it's humour factor.

Started off playing Doom on the playstation which i got into in a big way, then didnt really play fps after that very much. My mate gave me a copy of Quake 3 and i was hooked on it, playing it constantly for hours at a time, i still play it from time to time now. I brought my xbox purely for Halo and i never regretted it, what an amazing fps, i cant tell you how many hours and times i have played the first halo. Halo 2 is another that i constantly play, on my own or online in multiplayer mode.

The First FPS I ever played, was either Wolf 3d (if This was a FPS) or Quake. I miss both games. I have wolf 3d on my GBA SP, but it really sux. You cant see the enemys before you get right up on them.I miss the old FPS, but also live by America's Army, and can't wit for rise of a soldier to come out for XBox.....-William