xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
firedoor

What Is...[are] Your Favorite Programs On Your Pc

my favourites programs on my computer are:1. winamp - like it so much i have made it to start up every time i turn on my computer. with the auto play option plugin.2. the internet brower netscape. its been going on for such a long time when the internet boom started. so i think this is the most stable browser.3. msn messenger - i always keep in touch with my friends whenever iam online. now i even have it on my mobile phone. so i can always keep in touch.4. notepad - i use this for everything! from taking notes to programming a webpage. its even top on my most used list in my start button thingy.5. microsoft office - supports all my coursework needs. easy to use and everyones got it!

1. Fire Fox. I use this to get on the internet so this is my most used program. Unless it doesn't count as one... 2. Paint. I use this to edit pictures and make pictures. I use this at least three times a day.3. ATI Multimedia Center. I use this to record/take pictures of games.4. Notepad. I use to to copy text on and print it out. I also use it to type long stuff.5. RPG Maker 2003. I use this to make games. I am currently making a game in it.

I'll post ones that you don't see as often:

Media Player Classic - a small program I found while browsing Sourceforge...plays pretty much every filetype you can think of (image, movie, and music)

VirtualDub - A small, handy application for compressing, or slightly editing, movies.

Adobe Premiere - hands down, kickass movie studio.

Fraps - Easiest way to record videos of games

Steam - Some hate it, I love it. Valve's mass file distribution system.

MSN: Can't see my life without it.IE: Obvious reasons...Photoshop: Even though I am having seeeeeeeerious stability problems.mIRC: Nothing much to say...Macromedia Flash: Good when I have nothing better to do...

Firefox- It just totallys pwns IE

Winamp- Best media manager ever

Photoshop- I use this all the time, myself being a Graphic Artist

Flash MX 2004- Another program I cant get enough of. Just all around amazing thing

Adobe Premeire- Best movie editing program out. I love it, so many possibilities

My favorites: (on my Mac)

1) Safari (really good web browser for Mac OS X. Of course not IE. For anyone using IE, you should no there are lots of Freeware browsers that are better than IE. :D )
2) Mail (email app, very nice)
3) ImageWell (awsome little app that lets you drop a file on it, do a little editing (add notes, arrows, crop, rotate) then uploads to FTP. Very handy and quick.)
4) iTunes (listen and organize my music, and it's free.)
5) Adium (good multi-protocol chat client: AIM, MSN, Yahoo!, Jabber, ICQ, Gadu-Gadu (never heard of it, or any of the next ones:), Lotus Sametime, Novell GroupWise, Napster, Zephyr)

AND ALL OF THEM ARE FREEWARE! I love freeware... :D

My most frequently used programs (not favorites I'm afraid...):

1. Mozilla Firefox

Excellent browser! Pretty icons, powerful functions, most flexible and customizable. Althought it doesn't work well for some M$IE-spoiled sites, it's not little fox's fault.

2. Foobar2000

The best audio player on earth. What a pity that no one in this thread has metioned it! Posted Image

3. Tencent QQ

The most popular IM in China. To be honest I don't like it, but what can I do? 90% of my friends use it, and the others haven't got their own PC.

4. Irfanview

A slim image viewer which supports 71 image formats and provides basic editing functions.

5. FlashGet

I've been using it as my downloader of choice for 3 years and am really happy with it. It not only works effectively but also manages my downloaded stuff well in different categories.

Hi,I can just conclude what programs that are mostly used on my computer.1. Firefox2. Html-Kit3. Notepad4. WinRAR5. Dreamweaver6. MS Word7. TopStyle Pro8. Photoshop9. Fireworks10. WinampI can't say if that's the picture of my favorites, but it these programs that I use most.Cheers!Jens

Well, some of the programs I use most are:MSWordFirefoxIE (though not nearly as much as FF)AIM (more than MSN or YIM)Limewire PROAshampoo WinOptimizer Suite 2 ---- Both of these areDachshund Integrator ---- Windows optimizers/cleanup utilities.Windows Media PlayerC&C Generals (Yes, it's fun. Strains my gfx card, though.)Favorites? Hard to say... probably:Dachshund Integrator (yes, it's extremely useful.)Ashampoo WinOptimizer Suite 2Starcraft Brood War (old, yes, but still fun)AIMAd-AwareFirefoxCouple of other games, too, but that'd be redundant. :D

Alright, I'd have to go with...5. 3D Mark '05--a program that tests your system's gaming capabilities: graphics card, processor, RAM, etc.4. Roxio Easy CD Creator 5--great burning and audio editing program3. Fruity Loops--awesome program in which you can write your own songs2. Notepad--you can do just about anything in Notepad. I particularly use it for programming in HTML, Z80 Assembly, etc.1. Hex Workshop 4.2--the best program ever!! Free for download, and you can hex edit levels and weapons in games like Halo.

I often use:-Paint Shop Pro 7.0-Photoshop-3ds Max 5-Sound Recorder-Ventrilo-Might and Magic VI-Starcraft-Winamp-Mozilla Firefox-AIM-Yahoo-MSN-Spyware DoctorQuite a bit, haha. I really need to clean up some of the stuff I don't use as much anymore.

My favirote Linux programs are 1.kopete(messenger)2.firefox-To match the theme of mandrake3.Gimp 2(like photoshop but better)-does bump maping4.Korganizer(to make my to do's)-popup reminders5.Kmix(very good sound program)-3d sound

Hehe, this is quite interesting topic. The programs that I am using quite often are:

1. Web-browser: Maxthon - http://www.maxthon.com/

Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly customizable interface. It is based on the Internet Explorer browser engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features like...

2. Word-processing and spreadsheet: Microsoft Office - https://products.office.com/en-au/?legRedir=default&CorrelationId=97c11a6d-affc-4e5a-94c6-22b27d8350a1

Including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access

3. Programming/IDEs

Microsoft Visual Studio - https://www.visualstudio.com/

Using version 2003 and trying version 2005 beta

JRun Studio - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Just version 3. Now it should be version 4 on macromedia website

EditPlus - https://www.editplus.com/

EditPlus is an Internet-ready 32-bit text editor, HTML editor and programmers editor for Windows. While it can serve as a good replacement for Notepad, it also offers many powerful features for Web page authors and programmers.

4. Entertainment

Windows Media Player 10 - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18612/windows-media-player

Good enough and free for playing music and videos

Power DVD - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Just in case WMP can't play some DVDs

5. Designing: Adobe Photoshop CS - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop.html

Unbeatable image editing software on the market with a huge bunch of features

hmm, my favorite programs are:1) Mozilla Firefox - I think this is the best browser out there. All the extensions, plug-ins, themes, and its simplicity makes this my favorite program.2) Adobe Photoshop - I'm a web designer when I'm not on the web looking at other sites. It's fun to mess around in, and improving at it.3) AOL Instant Messenger - Most of my friends use it, and I like IMing better than e-mail so much more. I like MSN better, but since my friends use AIM, i have to use it.4) WinAmp - I like listening to music while I'm on my computer, and I think WinAmp is the best program for it. Too bad it loads a bit too slow, but I like it :)5) WinRAR - Much more flexible and supports more compression types than WinZip and other things. I've gotten used to it, and it's really easy to use.