xisto Community
hihihihi88

My Japaness Style Bookcover using photoshop and painter

Very cool! I love the composition and ambient feel it has. Great work.

kool i realy like this peice of work! love to try out this kind of style on the computer. i have the software but only a mouse to do it with. dont think it would be that great using it. in the cover i really like that tie it looks so realistic to the other things in the picture, i think you should improve on the lettering. looks like you rushed that part or something. needs and little bit more work.

lol it looks pretty awesome. I've been working on CG art recently...hopefully I'll be able to become as good as you soon =PAnyhow, is it going to be a webcomic, or simply a manga-style comic book? Or neither...?

Thanks.... :D to vizskywalker :I think I can't post the contain , coz it is drawn by my friends... but I can post some page which created by me :P I am now not in home , i will post it later ...!!to ndhill :hahaa... thank you :D to harriko :I think mouse is hard to control and not easy to draw a good pic in computer , so I buy a pen , it is not expensive I will improve the lettering , maybe design a logo in red colour . ;) to ChronicLoser :I am not good in CG . I draw it using two days , so slow.......It is not webcomic .

I love it! I am just starting into the Manga type style cartooning. I am going to feature some of my works on deviantart.com. If you want I can send you link when I finsh tem. Interested? let me know.

Okay since you didn't draw the pictures themselves I shan't comment on them. Did you do the colouring? Or just work with coloured pictures?For the actual bookcover, if you're trying to use it as a bookcover for a manga (comic) or a novel, I suggest maybe you should use a more professional font. The one you're currently using has a slightly childish and amateur feel. What font you use is really up to what the comic is about. As in the plot. The font and the cover in general should give a general feel of what the manga is going to be like. Let's say it's going to be a fantasy manga, and you use, perhaps, an elaborate cursive calligraphy font like Classic, and as a fantasy manga reader, I would zone in on the book. As opposed if the plot was a love-love kind of story then you would use a more cutesey font with little hearts and stuff like that. Currently, the book cover doesn't really have an identity, it just looks like a picture with some words. No offence meant! Just trying to give some constructive criticism...You might consider a border around the picture. a slightly thick one, all around the picture, with the top part of the border thicker so you can put your wording on the border. You can probably use the blue you currently have. That's the way most of the japanese comics do their covers anyway. Or you might want to do some effect around the edges of the picture, like gradual noise or faded tv-lines, and then do the same effect on your letters, put it at the side. Experiment with different positions of the letters if you want a more eclectic and artsy feel.I actually like the two inserts (the black and white one), you've got the japanese manga feel down-pat. Good job so far, I really think it's going to turn out well. Be sure to post up the final one to let us see!