xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
amoolman

Free Hosting Question From A Newbie Free Hosting and Domain names

Hello AllI'm new to this so here goesI would like to get free hosting for my free domain name.If you are looking for free domains name http://www.za.net/ offers free za.net and za.org domain names So If got one now and would like to know if Xisto.com and Xisto.com will except /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi domain names under ther free hosting plan?And if it does not please could you point me to a hosting site that does.Thank you for providing a wicked service to the internet community. And is Xisto.com and Xisto.com that same thing?------------------------------------------------------------This should in all probablity be posted in "Hosting Support & Help" - that's where its heading for :)

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I'm new to this so here goes

I would like to get free hosting for my free domain name.

First of all - you need at least 10 Good Posts to qualify for the starter free hosting package. As to what constitutes good posts - read the posting --> hosting rules at: http://forums.xisto.com/intro.php

So If got one now and would like to know if Xisto.com and Xisto.com will except /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi domain names under ther free hosting plan?

I don't know how your free domain name works - but to make it work with Xisto, you should be able to modify the nameservers for your domain and make them point to the Xisto nameservers (ns1.astahost.com & ns2.astahost.com) - mostly the free domain sites retain all rights over your domain and do not provide an option to reset your namesevers. If that is the case - then your free domain won't work with Xisto - you might be able to persuade the free domain registrar to do so for you though...

And is Xisto.com and Xisto.com that same thing?

Both of them provide similar services and are sister sites. You pay only a small price for the great free hosting service plus thousands of really cool tools that you get to use with your hosting - i.e. you have to be active on this forum and post regularly. It is your posts that earn you the free cash to keep your hosting account alive (this fictitious currency is known as HOSTING CREDITS. 1 Hosting Credit gets deducted from your account every real-life day. If you do not post for a while and your hosting credits dip below ZERO, your account is suspended till you come back and make some more good posts - to get enough hosting credits & unsuspend your account. Both Xisto and Xisto operate on the same principles, but posting rules are a bit different in both. Out of these two, Xisto is of a more serious nature and almost all posts deal with technical querries/help requests involving computer software & hardware. Xisto on the other hand handles posts on the lighter aspects of life and generally a fun place to hang out.. However, both sites prohibit posting of plagiarised news/articles/tutorials and you might loose your account if you are found doing so....

Hope this helps :) Welcome to Xisto and keep posting...