xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whyme

Ink Problems - Giant Gaps In Pages where there is no ink

I've had it with my printer, it's 11:26 pm, and i'm trying to print out my lab report and the stupid thing won't even print porperly!!!!!!! THere's giant gps in the page where there's no ink, this stupid peice of crap! I've used up 56 sheets of paeper laready

and my enitre cartidgde of ink is almost gone! this is crap!!!!!!

so much for a better system Posted Image

I've had a similar problem where my Epson printer was printing random DOS entries. I turned my printer on prematurely (when the computer was turning on), and my printer started printing about 20 sheets.

I know how you feel, dude.

If you want another printer, go http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se&sku=H24-C8974C

It's free.

Ok!I see som people here have some problems with printers... I may say for myself that Im a printer-master, as I had many printers at work and home... All kinds of printers... from matrix to laser, ink-jet, and sublimal...So, let's get started.INK-JETThat's the most common type of printer these days... They use a little cartrige that is filled with ink. They can be thermal, and piezzo powered. That means if it's thermal inkjet priner - that it have a thermal diode so every time when you want to print a dot on paper that diode heats up and spits a dot of ink on paper....Now.. piezzo-electric printer have a chrystal of piezzo and that chrisytal reacts when you charge it with electricity it pulses and again spits a dot of ink on paper......read on...Main diference between these two technologies is that thermal printer can handle pretty well dryed ink inside cartridge mechanism... and piezzo cant! There is you problem. So how to solve it? If you are really sure, that your printer cartridge is full of ink, and it's still printing "white gaps" that means ink is dryed inside cartridge, and print-head, on cartridge... If your printer is EPSON or some similar model who have printhead inside there is noo help for that - you must go to some service and have your printer cleaned there...but on the other hand if you have some printer like LEXMARK or similar, that on every cartridge already have one printhead you may try to pull them out from your printer and put than cartridge in small plate filled with hot water, and printhead (that's the place on cartrdge where ink comes out) must be under water... Leave that for about 20min's and after that pull that out, and just press that printhead-cartridge on soft paper-cloth... so it can absorb that rest of water and melted ink...basicly hot water will melt that dryed ink in printhead and allow normal printing... These things with "white gaps" happens when you do not print anything a long time on your printer......now you tell me if Im worng, or if it still wont work, maybe I can help you out... :angry:

I had to message another guy and send him a copy of my document, only to realize we have different versions of Microsoft Word, so the layout became all distorted, and i had to guide him through how things were laid out. What a havoc it was. Thanks for the pointers too, final design, i cleaned out the printing head a bit by "blowing the top of it", and sort of gave it a little shake, and after priting another 20 sheets, the ink returend normal again.

I had to message another guy and send him a copy of my document, only to realize we have different versions of Microsoft Word, so the layout became all distorted, and i had to guide him through how things were laid out. What a havoc it was.

Thanks for the pointers too, final design, i cleaned out the printing head a bit by "blowing the top of it", and sort of gave it a little shake, and after priting another 20 sheets, the ink returend normal again.

58665[/snapback]

well that can be the solution also... :angry: anyway if you have sometimes need to send a copy of word or some other type of "printable document" to friend or someone you better use PDF printers... like Acrobat Distiller, it allowes you to make an PDF document from your original document like your Word document... so then you have an PDF for distribution, and it's 100% sure that it will look the same, on your computer as well on computer of your friend...