xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
insanedodgers

Starcraft

Starcraft is old... The laughable thing is that when a Terran marine dies, his head just pops out... Even if its not a melee attack that killed the Terran... The best battle.net are diablo 2 and warcraft 3... They totally took the gaming world by storm! Its been around 3 years since diablo 2 came out? I'm still on battle.net and player killing or helping newbies with their quests with my lv 89 amazon, my lv 73 paladin or my lv 91 barbarian... I could sell these for lots of cash...

The gameplay in starcraft is just great. The graphics are a little out of date, but all in all I like starcraft better than war3. I never played war 3 on battle.net however, so I don't know how well it is overrall. Diablo was obviously a great game. Well I least IMHO it was great. I mean I spent many a night playing that game when I shoulda been studying. LOL. Overrall they should definately use BNET for most of their games b/c NO MONTHLY FEE! + Great games. They're in desperate need for an update on starcraft tho. Maybe the console edition of Starcraft ghost will be good. I'm looking forward to Starcraft 2 tho. :)

Man, I hope not. Starcraft was great. I'd hate for the franchise to be dragged into the 3rd person adventure genre. It just seems to me that too many of those games, with the exception of the few more immersive and revolutionary titles, sink into the mediocre category. It just seems like everyone's trying to jump on the splinter cell bandwagon with their stealth/spy games.

Man, I hope not. Starcraft was great. I'd hate for the franchise to be dragged into the 3rd person adventure genre. It just seems to me that too many of those games, with the exception of the few more immersive and revolutionary titles, sink into the mediocre category. It just seems like everyone's trying to jump on the splinter cell bandwagon with their stealth/spy games.

Its sad but true... the franchise has already gone into first person shooter games like... Starcraft ghost! Everyone has gone aboard the spy games trend... Its the latest fashion for game designers now...

I liked warcraft III alot better than starcraft. The higher HP on units makes the battles last longer in Warcraft III so there's more microing to do. There's also a lower food limit so the armies are smaller. The addition of hero's and leveling makes it more like an RPG/Strategy game which I liked. There's 4 races to choose from, not 3. The graphics are much better in Warcraft III and there's more to do. I didn't like the huge armies in starcraft and the massing of one unit all the time. Warcraft takes more strategy I think, but I know there'll be people who disagree.

i agree with Xevian... D2 ALL THE WAY, i bought it when it just came out and i still play it... i got 6 lvl 95+ and so many lvl 80+ i cant count them... its the most addictive game there is in my opinion... running around killing newbs is so much fun cuz they dont know what they are doing lol

Starcraft is awesome what u guys talking about!? If you guys like warcraft then there's no reason to dislike starcraft. If you think about it the whole concept of the game is the same. That goes with other strategy games such as Command & Conquer. Command and Conquer came out before the first warcraft and starcraft right?

I like StarCraft when I just want to kill some time without actually having to think too much. It's really easy, so it's fun for a time killer.--YB

I still prefer to play starcraft over a lot of the more modern RTS games. Starcraft allows me to build huge defense and slowly creep up to their front door. I find that many of the more modern RTS rely on a rock/paper/scissors offense,with a lack of defensive structures and units. Although the graphics are out dated, they are still nicely animated and interesting.

Wow, you're dragging me back to about 2004 when I last played Starcraft. It is the longest running strategy game I've ever played. Seriously, from 1997-8 till 2004. Now, I think C&C Generals is 2nd for being the longest. I prefer Starcraft over Warcraft. I don't like the story and I definitely do not want Blizzard to continue to develop it. The second reason is that the game is based on old styled fantasy stories. Starcraft suits me better because it's about space and the future, which I like.xboxrulz

Starcraft is, in my opinion, a better game than Warcraft 3. Not for its graphics i mean you havta realize it was made what 6 years or so ago? Its better because the map creator is alot more user friendly. Ive tried making a map on WC3 and it's almost like needing a degree in rocket science is required before you can do so. However WC3 doesnt have that infamous CCMU on online maps. For those who dont know what CCMU means its sumtin like this....There is no limitation in certain user made maps becauze the triggers in it turn certain units into heros..eventually the map cant handle that many and a message appears stating Cannot Create More Units...CCMU.Wacraft 3 doesnt have that problem...also if you know how to use the editor you can make sum very extrodinary maps....Ill just stick with SC however and a map that briefly took over called Diplomacy...great map...kinda like playing one of those war games...try it sum time.

Anyone who says Starcraft isn't one of the best strategy games ever or who complains it's "old" can suck a lemon.Warcraft 3 was terrible, the graphics look they came off of my old N64.