xisto Community
tattoopunk

Anyone Play True Rpg's table top adventuring

Who out there plays pen and paper rpg's?What do you Play?How Long Have You Been Playing?What was your first game?What kind of character are you?What do you like better p&p or computer?Any cool utilities for keeping track of your characters, designing dungeons/cities, story writing?* Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, Hunter: The Reconing, Deamon: The Fallten, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: minds eye thearter (live action), Dungeons and Dragons 3rd edition (not in a long time, almost 3 years now)* Dungeons and Dragons 3rd edition, 7th or 8th grade, I think it was 8th* Currently playing Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, I have a inquisition era vampire that is very bestial, if you are familuar with the game it's a gangrel. Able to meld with earth for protection from sun during the day as well as grow ferral claws that do massive dammage.* I perfer pen and Paper, it allows for endless possibilities, because you always think of a solution that the developers may have missed in a computer game.* No utilities as of now

I do... I play the Palledium series by RIFT, about 2 years since I started playing... My first game was England:Palledium Second series, I usually play the abberant cutthroat or the selfish knight, I like P&P cause its rather imaginative and can take twists and turns according to the GM.

I'm playing Kult... this old RPG from Metropolis... you know: "Kult - Death is Only the Beginning" - it is strong, you can clasify it as Horror rpg... when you play with some nice soundtrack, like recomended by Metropolis sound-track from Twin Peaks, results are awersome :( I'm always playing as "City Samuraj" - lone soul for hire, cool and easy... :) I'm little scared now - some people says that playing pen and paper rpg's rise our alter ego so high, we lost control over reality ;) but surely I can tell you that I'm not walking over the streets killing people... now... ;)

*I do =D

*I have not played in a few years, but my D&D/Vampire: The Masquerade campaign group would usually play an hour a day during school and 5+ hours on the weekends.

* Not too long.

What was your first game? D&D 3rd Edition

* I had one character who managed to not die during the entire three-month campaign I had him. Usually in D&D I am a wizard, and that particular character was a 4'11'' half-elf wizard. I also had a vampiress for Vampire: The Masquerade, who had a hook shoved through her chest and was made in to a goddess during a half-hour period that I was away from the game getting food. T_T

*Computer games are convenient when you cannot get together with friends, but all in all things certainly turn out more interesting when you are playing in a large group of people on pen and paper.

*My mind and my character sheets. I also draw my characters so they are easier to remember.

Where I live now, nobody save myself plays pen and paper games. I have not gotten to play either of the games I used to play for about a year now. =[

i play dnd. ive played for 2 years. ive got a dude thats 6sorcerer 6dragon disciple. I have never cheated, and the group i play with colonized an abandoned island.

The Pen and Pad Role Play games have always interested me, since I love stories, but they seem complicated. Are they? Do you need to kind of have lessons to learn the inner workings, or is it something that can be explained in a sit-down fifteen minute conversation kind of thing? I go down town a lot to my favourite Comic/Anime/Collectors store and they have tons of RolePlaying games like that. There are so many different books and I read them similarly in the fashion I would read a VCR Remote Control manual, the words go in, but the words they use don't really make sense to what I'm looking at. :( If I knew what the basic idea of them was, I think I'd pick up one and just read it through but I don't really want to go out and pay $50 bucks for a game book and then never use it, yanno? Can anyone give me a brief run-down of the main concept/idea to the whole thing? And maybe some of the lingo I'd need to know to understand it? Like do you need all the books to start playing or can you just get one? Or are there other things you need beside the 'game' book and stuff?