xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

List Of Torrent Sites & Clients supernova mirror

look up exeem....I`'s the newest type of torrent program where there is no need for trackers...it is p2p with added bonus of seeding n leeching... plus no ad aware or spywareBut I have a question...How could I turn my website into a tracker?Just for torents I have made for my friends...So I don't waste my sites bandwidth :) thnx

...well novatina looks alright, but after doing a few searches...i much prefer http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Click on the "search other sites" and you'll get results from many different torrent sites ^_^ thus, a better chance of getting what you're looking for =P

yea....the thing is, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ searches in IsoHunt, Mesi-torrent, TorrentSpy, ThePirateBay, and TorrentReactor in one click ^_^ after you type in your search word, check the "search other sites" and scroll down after the page is done loading and it will give you the result for all those sites ^_^

hmm, i'm not too familiar with the how the torrent trackers work, but I did pass by this link: http://www.owntracker.com//?gtnjs=1 Supposedly they provide a free tracker...?

I'm glad you read it aloud, and I hear you clearly :), Although I don't understand much about the subject anyways :), I think it would still take quite a large amount of bandwidth...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It wouldn't take up that much bandwitdh. Each torrent is no miore then 100kbs big and normaly very to be around 6-45kdb's.

The problem would be that it would take a lot to track a lot of torrents, but since I don't plan on having that many it wouldn't effect me that much.

Hmmm...Sounds liek I'm gunna be ont here :) lol

But umm....Do you know how to make a website where you are a torrent tracker?...I wanna become a mini one to save bandwidth when I upload things to my site...That way people download the torrents instead :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you'd be better off using a public tracker, rather than setting up your own. I haven't actually been seeding my torrents for a while now since most of the good sites have been brought down, so I can't recommend any good trackers for you. Otherwise I would have suggested either Demonoid.com or Lokitorrent.com, of course, they've both been brought down by the RIAA. Although I think I saw a link to a public tracker on that torrentsearch.com site, maybe you should have a look at that. Using your own web host as a tracker will use some (although very little) bandwidth to do the tracking.

You could then just host the torrent files on your website, so your users can download them there and then go ahead and download the file from you. If the files you are wanting to share aren't too big though, you'd probably be better off just hosting them on your site. Hosting torrents and then seeding them out means you'll have to keep those torrents open all the time to enable other people to download it from you. This will eat away at your own bandwidth and you'll alos have to keep your computer on constantly.