xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Send & Receive Yahoo Free Mail By Outlook Express Just as you know, if you have Yahoo fre

Just as you know, if you have Yahoo! free mail you canât send and receive your mail by Outlook . Do you want to send and receive your mail by Outlook express ?
First download YahooPops from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and install it.
Now open Outlook express and :
1- select account from tools menu
2- click add and select mail
3- enter your name and press next
4- enter your email address and press next
5- Select pop3 from âMy incoming mail server is a â dropdown menu
6- in âIncoming (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) mail serverâ type âlocalhostâ
7- in âOutgoing (SMTP) mail serverâ type âlocalhost â and then press next
8- enter your username and password and press next and then finish.
9- Select your account properties
10- Click on server tab and tick âMy server requires authenticationâ.
11- click on advanced tab and change server timeout to 5 minutes.

Now you can receive and send your emails :)

Cool, they used to do this for gmail accounts before gmail enabled pop and smtp access.But i would recomend that you make sure your firewall blocks all external traffic to port 25, just incase a spam bot finds you.

I remember when I checked my mails, i can see all the e-mails and all that, but it did was to transfer on Outlook, so when I want to check those e-mails again on Yahoo's site, it doesn't show.

I remember when I checked my mails, i can see all the e-mails and all that, but it did was to transfer on Outlook, so when I want to check those e-mails again on Yahoo's site, it doesn't show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After Outlook (or Outlook Express) has downloaded the mails, they are erased on the server. But you can change that in the Outlook account options.

sending from Yahoo! Mail using Microsoft OutlookSend & Receive Yahoo Free Mail By Outlook Express

unable to send mail with free yahoo Id through microsoft outlook.

Receiving mail seems to be working fine but unable to reply through microsoft outlook with yahoo account