xisto Community
soleimanian

How To Restore Show Desktop Icon.

How to restore Show Desktop icon. :)
Show Desktop icon is different from other icons, and usually you canât restore it
If Show Desktop icon be deleted casually , you can restore it by :
Open notepad and copy and paste below code :

[Shell]Command=2 IconFile=explorer.exe,3 [Taskbar]Command=ToggleDesktop

Now, save your file as ShowDesktop.scf to following folder C:\ Document and Settings \ Username \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Quick Launch

And restart your Windows
Be successful
Soleimanian :)

Use MS TweakUI

How to restore Show Desktop icon.  :D

Show Desktop icon is different from other icons, and usually you canât restore it

If Show Desktop icon be deleted casually , you can restore it by :

Open notepad and copy and paste below code :

[Shell]Command=2 IconFile=explorer.exe,3 [Taskbar]Command=ToggleDesktop

Now, save your file as ShowDesktop.scf  to following folder  C:\ Document and Settings \ Username \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Quick Launch

And restart your Windows

Be successful

Soleimanian :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is really very nice information. I have seen many people of suffering to finding the show desktop icon after deleting it. At that type of situation we copy the show desktop icon from any other computer and paste it on the first computer. But now the information provided by Soleimanian is very good.Thanks.

That is so unbelievably useful! After accidently deleting my "Show Desktop" icon, I spent ages trying to find out how to restore it (to no avail). I never realised the solution was so simple. Thank you soleimanian! Thanks very much!

I don

How To Restore Show Desktop Icon.

I am using Windows 2000 Professional.

I don't have folder Application Data, so I can't save it in the designated path. (Document and Settings Username Application Data Microsoft Internet Explorer Quick Launch)

But I can do it in Win XP.

Answer please.

Cora

-Cora

There are another way to restore show desktop icon in quick launch bar: Click Start -> Run and type regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32.dll and enter Done! You just restore your Show Desktop icon

There are another way to restore show desktop icon in quick launch bar:
Click Start -> Run and type regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32.dll and enter
Done! You just restore your Show Desktop icon

Awesome. I once accidentally deleted my desktop icon thingum. I tried to restore it by making a new icon, and redirecting it to the document and settings/desktop folder.

Alas, it only opened the desktop folder in explorer. Never really found out how to restore it. Drove me nuts because I figured it would be a -somewhat- easy to find function. Thanks for sharing!

Replying to soleimanianI just copied this code to notepad, saved it as ShowDesktop.Scf to C: like you said. The icon showed right away in C:, so I copied it, pasted it to the desktop, then dragged it to quick launch. No reboot or anything works perfect right away, thanks!-reply by chris

A few months ago the show desktop icon was disappeared from the task bar of my PC. I don’t know how that happened. I got a solution of this problem in Google.

Here is how I recovered the 'Show Desktop' button:
http://www.completepcpedia.com/restore_show_desktop.html

Edited by Jeanstephen26598 (see edit history)