xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dementour

Tony Hawks Series PS PS2 skateboarding game

I cant believe noone has made a topic of the Tony Hawks Skateboarding series! Im not much of a fan of skating but the games are something else! Never liked the first two for the Playstation, and it was only when the Playstation 2 came out that I actually started getting into them starting with Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 all the way to Tony Hawks Underground 2.Anyway I wont keep on about the game, just yet anyway heh until I hear what you guys opinions of what you thought about the game.

It's just a little unrealistic, but it's fun yeah... It seems that you have almost no problems with gravity. ps. I like the guy with the electric tri-cycle-like-moped the best :)

I personally loves the tony hawk series.... ive played and owned 1,2,3,4, THUG, THUG 2, and i think they all receive a best game series award.... one of my most personal favorites is Tony Hawk's 3.... i love that game :)

Yeah I much prefer the story modes for the Underground games. Cant see them making a third though but... we'll see. I think Underground had the best storyline and went on longer than the second. The second didnt have much of a storyline at all, it was just an excuse to set up some jackass-style antics ingame and the fmv sequences. It seemed that I completed this half the time than the original.

I dont really care much for the Pro Skater series as I believe they have ran their course. The reason why im sticking to Underground is, like i said, the storylines. I also like the innovation of getting off your board and climbing ladders and jumping over obstacles. When I play the Pro Skater games I keep thinking I can get off my board all the time.

Underground would have to be my favourite. The storyline seems pure and simple and makes me think 'how are they going to keep this going' as when you think its all over another twist will take over encouraging you to play for longer. Its all about 'you' in tonY undergrOU as you manage to get your way from a local skater to the championships with your friend Eric.

The environments are very creative and beautiful to look at. There are the occasional ugly backdrops that doesnt fit right whats around you but you wont pay any attention to that anyway. For some challenges, which is like the Pro Skater seriesas you go up to people for them to give you instructions, you can drive vehicles. Like one of them you have to avoid police cars as they time you, another one you have to wreck a car and drive it off the pier. I could only do this on easy, i suck if it was on any other option.

The second Underground is still just as fun and may be more funnier but the storyline starts off nicely but seems not to go anywhere. Basically your the main character from the Underground original, your doing tricks on a ramp infront of locals and all of a sudden a van pulls over. Two thugs come out and kidnap you. You wake with a group of other skaters that are just as clueless as you. It turns out to be Bam and Tony as they invite all of you on a round the world destruction tour. Basically the team who loses has to pay for the whole trip. You end up on Tonys Team. But you keep switching over thanks to Eric who starred as well in the original, but gets just as what he deserves. Thats it... Thats the storyline.

The graphics are a major improvement from the sunlight reflecting into the 'camera' to the grogeous to look at backdrops. The challenges are more wacky than the original, why not as this is supposed to be a slapstick game of humour. You can text messages through the missions, which are funny to read but rather pointless. Also you can now spray walls with your own signature, each charcter has their own. You can also tag walls with stickers. You will find more missions relies on climbings things. Every time you start a level, which are very nicely done, you will get a choice from skaters. You can then find characters through the missions, each having their own comical aspects. Example, one of them is Steve O which rides a mechanical bull, when you unlock him by finding him missions will be unlocked. You have to score certain amount of points by the challenges to go to the next level, which is why the characters you can unlock are there to help you out. Also each mission has something destructive which is the best thing I love about this game. However, they are very hard to find but worth your while after finding them. Example, one level has a bin set on fire, jump into it and your board will be on fire. Grind two cannons and you will set them alite causing them to shoot cannon balls to a building under construction and brings it down. This will leave behind carnage which you can skate across. This is very pointless but a hell lot of fun.

If you havent got the Underground games, or have one than the other, then make sure you get both of them now! As you wouldnt know what your missing.

i personaly like the first tony hawk that was made for playstation. its the original and is the best.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember buying a Playstation magazine years ago just to get the Tony Hawk demo before the full version was released. I spent so long playing that demo and was almost a pro before the full version came out. When it finally did come out, I rented it from the video store right away and burnt myself a copy (I wish it was still that easy to burn games these days) and I will never forget the countless amount of hours I spent playing that game. When it comes to video games I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, meaning I won't go on to the next level/stage of the game before everything in that stage is complete. I spent so long completing the game with each character, and then went through and found every single gap, although I need the help from a walk-through I find online with a few of the gaps I just could not find on my own. My memories of Tony Hawk 1 are the best. But when it comes to graphics and game play, each new game in the series just got better and better. Especially with the added on tricks... remember when they introduced manuals and it made it THAT much easier to make HUGE combos. And they just kept advancing the tricks in every game, it's awesome.

The one thing I LOVE in THUG:2 is the fact that they brought back the old school style game, in which you have to find all the tapes and stuff. Haven't actually got on to playing them yet, got the game for christmas, played it for a bit and since then haven't really touched my PS2. I really should get back to it and complete the game.

Tony Hawk was always a great game, I have been playing it since 1 and every time I was having a wonderful time becuse this game never got boring.So why should 4 be different? well its not neversoft and activision did a wonderful job though I wasn't sure that it can get much better, then 3 apparently it can.New awsome tricks has been aded and the mission based game also known as career mode is completley different than the othergames, becuse it was made that you can wonder around and select you're own goals whitout a time limit which is a great feature cuz the levels are pretty big.Also I just love to skitch which means that you can catch behind a car or maybe an elephant and just ride very fast which can help, gaps and combos.

I have TH 1, 2 and 3. Don't remember wich for PSX and wich for PC, but they all were awesome, even though not much difference between them. I got a little bored. I assume TH4 and UG1 and 2 are about the same, so I won't get them.

I play tony hawks 3 last 2002, then I play tony hawks 4, but then I played underground on 2004 up to now. The game is so cool and the graphics superb, things like the character, and the movements are a bit more goofy and fancy looking, but at least it is very enjoying. I always use characters that I created, the tony hawks that I got is in the pc and ps1. The most favorite move I like in tony hawks 3 is the handstand. I score big points when I combine manuals and flips while in the ground. I start a big mctwist, revert, manual, kickflip, handstand, pogo stick, pop shoveit, nose manual and switch, plus if there is a rail nearby, grind. Score reaches 100,000+ If done perfectly and good duration. It is hard to get secret tapes in tony hawks 3, and it is also hard to combine collect combo on tony hawks 4 on the levels near the last levels. This game is good, buy boards, customize boards, and tires, lot's of things to do... Very exciting game, this game has cheats but I never used them, I finished 3 without cheats because I enjoyed the game... THe first skateboard game that I played was the grind session for ps1, it doesn't have great grapchics but it was the first skateboard game that I became addicted to, hehehe.The game developers were really cool on designing these games, I remember the movies that will be unlocked when you will be able to complete some levels, including the pains you get when you board, great tricks, etc... yes too many too nice, hehehe

I dont know where to begin when we speak of Tony Hawk Video games. But this series takes the Cake/Pie for Xtreme Sports games. I have grown up on these games Starting with THPS 1. That game was addicting had the best level ever (WAREHOUSE w00T) the tricks were sketchy and so were the graphics but the compelling music really kept bringing you back to want to keep playing it. Hell i still do lol! THPS 2 i didnt play i had the demo but i didnt really like the idea of eliminating the method for the melon but hell i got used it in THPS3. THPS3 had the sickest graphics of its time with the sickest levels all around. The airport for example you could easily achieve a million pts like i have with just good combos and decent tricks. Warehouse was the same for example you take geoff rowley max out his board and make him do backflips over the pipe thru the secret hanging thing and darkslide all the way around the railing behind the half pipe. THPS4 was the addicting one of the series. You could skate around and worry about missions or quests or w/e you like to call it. The manual physics here became very realistic finally lol. And so did the cheats lol!!!. THUG1 i didnt play so i dont know much about it due to the fact that i didnt like the orientation of the game. And THUG 2 is a mediocore game because of its physics. Classic Mode went back to the old school THPS1 way and that really bothered me. But the fact that you could finally get off your board oh man i was so happy and graffiting owns in this game. So if u asked me to rate each THPs ill tell u this:THPS1: 5 stars out of 5THPS2 : didnt playTHPS3: 4.25 Stars out of 5THPS4: 4.75 starts out of 5THUG1: didnt playTHUG2: 3 starts out of 5call me crazy but thats just a gamers perspective and opinion everyone else has there own im sure.