xisto Community
Airlub

What Do You Use For Web Programming? Frontpage, Notepad, etc.

What program do you use to make websites? I used to use notepad and HTML unitl I bought Frontpage and I don't know why more people use Notepad. They say it is more flexible when you can do the same thing with Frontpage AND MORE. Frontpage has a Notepad sort of window also so you can choose to do HTML code or work like how you work other MS softwares. I personally love Frontpage. I wish I could get the 2003 edition though...

I used Notepad for a long time for HTML and JavaScripts. I also used Netscape's design program and then fixed the code in Notepad. But now I use CuteHTML for all of my web programing. It's just a text editor but it has line numbers and auto code insertion. Most GUI web design tools tend to do really weird things with the code they output.For example, Netscape Composer always adds a line-break between the top of the page and the table if the table is the first thing on the page.CuteHTML works great for Perl, PHP, JavaScript, etc.Happy coding, :) vujsa

I have to admit, I use notepad. But because I don't actually do any REAL programming (I use eclipse for programming programming), notepad is perfect. How hard is it to write something like:

<html><head><title>webpage</title></head><body>Content or whatever</body>
it doesn't really take an external program to write all that junk out. My site (in my sig) was completely made with notepad and I didn't have any trouble with it ^_^

yup, dreamweaver is very useful and friendly. it can help you to do error checking for HTML. also, compatibility of browsers will be addressed. a very useful program. but at my place, it is very expensive, about 400.USD.

I use dreamweaver.  Mainly just because the interface helps me manage sites and check whether or not code is working very quickly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, Macromedia Dreamweaver is more powerful and flexible thanFront page.

front page is usefull for beginners , but you can not create PHP and Cfm pages :)

i designed my site by Macromedia Dreamweaver MX

i think this topic was there somewhere else... search before you post.anyways i use macromedia dreamweaver mx, fireworks mx and flash mx. i am a big fan of all macromedia products.but hey.. i also use notepad very often :-)

i have started working web designing....few months back.....and i use...plain notepad......i am happy with it..cuz..i am learning..these stuffs.....now..if u are an expert in...html etc...i think u can go for tools!!my 2 scents!!

I use FrontPage to quickly make the initial look of it, because it opens up pretty quick, unlike DreamWeaver and PHP Designer. But it does have some unnecessary codes in it, so then I edit it with either NotePad (rarely), or PHP Designer 2005, which can edit XHTML/HTML, PHP, CSS, XML, Perl, JavaScript, Visual Basic and C stuff. It's a great program.

Quanta and Kwriteor when I'm on window Dreamweaver or PhpExpertEditor or Perl Editor, it's depends..of wich lang i'm using..simple HTML I can use also NotePad or phpExperteditor with the syntax highlighting option actives... :)

Although im a Notepadder, I do use Context! http://blogic14.blogspot.de/ and it works with all languages, just a new highlighter needs to be made, sure it cant run the files but its nothing to keep a browser window open. Context is a fabulous program. But I used to use frontpage but I use notepad for my basic HTML work. I used to love GUI editors but now i only use text based.

i just use the old windows notepad you get free for programming html. i usually test myself in the coding remember most of the tags. but wheni need any help i just use macromedia dreamweaver mx. for things like postioning tables and formattings them. but i thnk plain old notepad is great, easy to do and fast to load up!

I got dreamweaver mx from a friend, and use it, flash mx 2004 pro, and fireworks mx. I used to use a prehistoric visual editor (pre crappage) but I don't remember the name. I tried front page, but it was after I had already started with DW. I can't believe microsoft would put their name on this low quality prog.... Never mind. I forgot I run windows. Dw rules