xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Josh_Jpn

Monitor Size

I wondering what the average monitor sizes is? Also does anyone know how to code your html, so that it causes a website to grow or shrink to fit into the screen?

Thanks

-------------------------

This isn't a tutorial acticle at all - and on top of that posted in: Free Web Hosting > Computers & Tech > How-To's and Tutorials > Programming > HTML, XML and other Markup Languages ??? May I know how these two are related ?? Anyways, moved to Hardware section..

m^e

My monitor is a 15" flat panel. Um, as for HTML and webpages, it should really do that automatically, though it depends on how it is coded, especially with CSS. But in terms of straight up HTML, it should expand to screen resolution automatically.

17" LCD monitor :)if you want you can reduce the dimension of a table of the page or something else using PHP or JS or any other language, you need a function that takes the resolution of the browser and so changes the dimension of object in the page :)

I'm using a 21" NEC monitor and a Dell 19" LCD monitor. I change the resolution around as I'm testing to see what it will look like in different resolutions. I never go below 800x600 and while working I try to create so it looks the best in 1280x1024 (My default screen resolution) I know most people say to create for 800x600 but I'm aiming high :)I tried to setup different CSS pages depending on the visitors screen resolution, it ended up not working on my first try. I have to work some more on that. :)I have seen a couple of nice sites that have one setting for a user with the 800x600 and another for 1280x1024. Not sure if they hard coded the width of the page and centered or if they used css to create that.Nils

For it to expand automatic you have to set the table width to 100%. This will always full the screen width no matter what you adjust the browser window to.Example:<html><body><table width=100% border=1 bordercolor=#000000><tr><td>Text here text here</td></tr></table></body></html>This table window has a border that will expand with the browser window. :)

i got a 15" tft flatpanel on my own computer in my own room, and on the other computer we got a 17" TFT (im not on that one that much). with a website, i recommend, if it fits with your template design, to count on 15" screens, and 1024*768 pixels, and if there is more, just blank spaces on the left and right of the screen, just centre it all.

mine is the 17" CRT monitor which is massive and taking loads of space. ive seen loads of 15" in schools, cyber cafes, libraries, etc. but the screen size is 1024 by 768. almost everyone uses this size on their computer. so i recommend using this size for basicing your site on this. to make your site grow or shirnk make its all "tackey"... you can make the tables wich have "undefined values" in them so it would fit the area of the browser even if you resize it. hope this helps!

the avarage monitor size is probably about 17 inches. 17 inches is fine for pretty much anything. there are different types of monitors to consider such as crt or lcd.lcd is a good space safer but they have slower response times than crt.

Since I am on a laptop, with a 15" TFT that is my screen size. I used to have a 19" CRT monitor which gave me a massive headache after a few hours of working on the pc, with the TFT that issue seems to have gone away (I once made it to about 14 hrs with only bathroom breaks, getting coffee - loads of it LOL - away from the pc). So when I finally save up the money for a decent desktop, I am going to get a 17" or 19" TFT. I did discover one big disadvantage with TFTs, maybe it is because this is an older model (1996 laptop). For some reason when I make banners or any kind of graphics, I heard people with CRTs say that the colours were different. I don't really know how that works or why it is. I always thought that using HEX codes for colours would make it straight forward LOL, but then again I can be very wrong. As far as the HTML goes, just stick with relative width and height, and keep graphics like banners at 480px or 600px width max I think. The background (of the frame or tablecell) can be kept at a colour closely matching the overal colour of the graphic that way you cover up a smaller graphic for those with bigger screen resolutions :) That's how I do it anyway :)