xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Virus Alert: Don't Open Fbi E-mail

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Don't open those e-mail attachments that appear to be from the FBI. They might contain a computer virus.

The FBI late Tuesday warned computer users that scam artists pretending to be FBI agents are at work spreading the computer virus.
"These e-mails did not come from the FBI," the Bureau said in a statement released from its Washington headquarters.

"The FBI does not engage in the practice of sending unsolicited e-mails to the public in this manner."

The warning to the public was prompted by an ongoing mass e-mail in which computer users receive unsolicited e-mails purportedly sent by the FBI.

The scam e-mails tell recipients their Internet use has been monitored by the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center, and that they have accessed illegal Web sites.

The e-mails then direct recipients to open an attachment and answer questions, but the attachments contain a computer virus.

"The FBI strongly encourages computer users not to open such attachments," the statement said.

The FBI does have an Internet Crime Complaint Center, which is located in West Virginia.

That center, however, is investigating the ongoing scam and not -- as the scammers claim -- monitoring the Internet use of ordinary citizens.

Ehm.... dude.... That's quite obvious... If anyone would read a email that came from Paris Hilton, would you read it? Or if the NSA would contact you stating that they want you to work for them. Or if the FBI telling you that you have to open an email with an attachment.To keep it short. If you fall for these tricks, it's really pittiful :) :)(Not trying to piss anyone off with this, it's just the truth :( )

Email, how about websites. Here you can see how secure your settings are and what if any information your computer hands out to the internet?

Test1

Sherlock Holmes

Test2

JunkBusters

Test3

DiGiCrimeDemonstration

All the tests are linked to from Onion Routing wich is a site originated and controlled by the Navy onion-info@itd.nrl.navy.mil

Nils

oh i aint heard of this. i always get emails in the hotmail account. maybe about five each week at the most. they come from random people and it always have this message.Delivery Agent - Translation failed------------- failed message -------------CIö(cYEfmneqc&GC4jh$fF3!nYk-ekr7eMigiZ<OFp56lch:öelh8Pdb~CZ,nESIMdlj5<7W:gp:;Q~eäP5WOg'1I*kPuml0O1L:|MjVöß:N%*qA6yT#dU~äW7vN|JmZIeKlWl~BU-%(-b<.RmE&IPhMxEY9ö5GtOß&Translated message has been attached.i think its a virus floating around in peoples email accounts and sending it to random people. the file sttached is a .zip file and the size 28.4kbmost of my friends got it too, see if anyone has the same?

Do you think there is still someone who believes in those mails?I hope that people have understood....like the mails that annunce to make you earn 100$ only sending it to all you adressbook.....kids games...

well, I think everybody knows that YOU SHOULDN'T OPEN ATTACHMENTS FROM PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW, so in my opinion those mail viruses can't destroy much anymore...

Honestly, even if it were from the FBI, I wouldn't open it. I'd check up some of my sources in D.C. and run like crap towards the Canadian border. XDB'yeah, that is pretty sad. People are falling for this enough that it calls for a general warning? O_o Kinda like the Nigerian nobility bank scam, only it uses fear instead of greed.